Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkfk
SCSI Port
Views: 2,133
Message 1 of 30

K1 Micro SD card Question

I just installed a micro SD card in my K1 and I'm not sure how to tell if it's being recognized.I went to settings,then storage,then SD card and pushed 'mount SD card' and nothing seems to happen.Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Toax
Punch Card
Views: 2,118
Message 2 of 30

Re: K1 Micro SD card Question

You should see something like that
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/img20120110211733.jpg/
If you dont i recommend you to turn off your device before plugging SD card on.
Clear_Blue_Lou
Token Ring
Views: 2,110
Message 3 of 30

If the K1 doesn't see a card in there at all, every setting under Storage | SD Card will be grey (inactive).

If the K1 sees a card in there but can't read it for some reason, Storage | SD Card | Mount Card and Storage | SD Card | Erase Card will be white (active), but tapping them will only result in a long pause, sometimes followed by an error message allowing you to force close Settings. All other settings under Storage | SD Card will be grey.

If the K1 sees a card in there and can read it, every setting under Storage | SD Card will be white, it will show you the card capcity and space available on it, and Mount Card will now show as Unmount Card..

To seat your card properly, first turn the K1 off with a long press of the power switch. You have to push the card in until it clicks and bounces out only part of the distance, like a retractable ballpoint pen mechanism. I find that my fingers are too fat and nails are too short to push the card in far enough, so I use the rounded end of the tool (or the end of an unstraightened peperclip) to push it in.

Yeah, it's an awkward design. Good luck!

bkfk
SCSI Port
Views: 2,079
Message 4 of 30

Thanks for the feedback.I've removed the card and put it back in with the power off and still only have the 'mount SD card option  in white letters' showing and there's nothing else showing under the words SD card..Can the card only go in one way(with the brass contacts facing the back of the machine)? What can cause this problem?

teknotrance
Punch Card
Views: 2,050
Message 5 of 30

and I thought im the only one who has problems, im trying to read posts to sd card issues.... f*** lenovo.. good thing this is my first and certainly will be the last product to buy from them. f*** .. i never resolved my sd card problem and i intend not to pursue whining and complaining, return and shipping.. . f*** as sh**... 

Burger
Token Ring
Views: 2,048
Message 6 of 30

tried other brand sd cards?
jaragon
Punch Card
Views: 2,044
Message 7 of 30

Hi,

is it:

-microSD

-microSDHC

-microSDXC

What size should it have according to the package?

Cheers, Jorge

Burger
Token Ring
Views: 2,042
Message 8 of 30

Micro sd is 2gb and below
Anything above 2gb is called micro sdhc. Hc stands for high capacity.

Idont know about microsdxc. My guess xc stands for extra high capacity or anything above 32gb. Its just my guess, others may have the answer.

I think its more of a marketing ploy or naming than technical reasons.

K1 technicals specs mention 32gb max. I guess thats the size for k1.
jaragon
Punch Card
Views: 2,038
Message 9 of 30

@Burger:

yep, I know that. I was asking the original poster about the specs of the card which did not work.

And no: it´s not marketing, it´s tech spec issue !!!!!

microSDHC works in K1.

microSDXC does not work in K1

I do not know if microSD works.

Cheers, Jorge

Clear_Blue_Lou
Token Ring
Views: 2,025
Message 10 of 30

My card, which DOES work, is a microSDHC, 16 GB, and it's an inexpensive Staples house brand.

I should add that mine has come unseated at least oncce, requiring me to pop open that nasty little trapdoor and click it back down again. A1 users complain of thsi too. Once again, awful design.

And to answer the earlier question, yes, you insert cards with the metal contact fingers toward the back of the tablet.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors