Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkfk
SCSI Port
Views: 1,237
Message 11 of 30

Re: K1 Micro SD card Question

I use a San Disk 32gb Micro SDHC card.This is the only card I have but I can buy another one if that's my problem.Thanks everyone for your help so far.

cavitale814
Paper Tape
Views: 1,220
Message 12 of 30

I own both K1 and A1 (for my wife). I'm not sure if this applies, but I'm having the same issues with the A1. Everytime I power off the tablet, the external sd card unmounts. If I put the card in while powered off, it will not recognize the card. If I pop the card out then back in , while powered up, It will allow me to mount the card, until my next restart. I've tried 3 different micro sd brands and the same result with each. After speaking to the reps at Lenovo, I've  sent it Texas for warranty repair. No idea when I will be getting it back or if they have any idea how to fix it..

bkfk
SCSI Port
Views: 1,183
Message 13 of 30

Well after trying everything including installing with the power on nothing worked.I bought a smaller 4gb microsd card and it worked with no problems.For some reason it wouldn't accept my 32gb microsdhc card.Thanks everyone for your help.

bardo77n
Paper Tape
Views: 1,111
Message 14 of 30

I had the same problem as the OP. I fixed it by reformating the card with FAT32 and default allocation size. After that, the K1 recognized it with no problem.

Brad

Coltaurus
What's DOS?
Views: 1,022
Message 15 of 30

Hi All,

I just bought a lenovo K1 tablet and I'm having a simular issue with my San Disk 32GB Class 4 card. The K1 recognizes its there under storage settings, it formats and mounts it and tells me the Available and free size, but I can not seem to access the SD card with any file manager on the on the K1 and the K1 will not allow my Windows computer to even detect there is a storage card to mount so that I can move files onto it from the computer, it only allows the built in 32gb memory to be detected as a Portable device.

I think its pretty useless if I spent good money on 32gb micro and can't even use it at all.

Help!

Burger
Token Ring
Views: 1,020
Message 16 of 30

Mine totally stop reading. If it reads it notvshowing the completefile or picture. Its not the sd since the sd is fine with other devices. Crapp of a product the k1 is.
Burger
Token Ring
Views: 1,017
Message 17 of 30

Coltaurus

Your woes is just starting. If you still have a achance to return the k1 return it and get your money back. This tablet exhausted my patience. And it also exhaust your if you dont get rid of it soon.
Clear_Blue_Lou
Token Ring
Views: 1,001
Message 18 of 30

@Coltaurus wrote:

I just bought a lenovo K1 tablet and I'm having a similar issue with my San Disk 32GB Class 4 card. The K1 recognizes its there under storage settings, it formats and mounts it and tells me the Available and free size, but I can not seem to access the SD card with any file manager on the on the K1 and the K1 will not allow my Windows computer to even detect there is a storage card to mount so that I can move files onto it from the computer, it only allows the built in 32gb memory to be detected as a Portable device.

Hi from Streetsville, Coltaurus!

Your external microSD card shows up as a folder on the internal SC card, believe it or not. I guess it's a shortcut or alias. Look for "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd".

Depending on the file manager you use, you may also see it at "/mnt/sdcard2" and "/sdcard/external_sd". I use the free version of Astro File Manager, but I'm also going to check out ES File Manager.

I saw somewhere in the support docs on the Lenovo site (sorry, can't find it right now) a screenshot of Windows Explorer recognizing the external SD card as a separate device. But like your experience, my Win7 PC only shows the K1 as a single portable storage device. You can still drag files back and forth between your PC and the external SD card by using the shortcut-alias above.

If you lose connection with your external microSD card, it probably needs to be popped down further. It goes far enough down that you really have to use the butt end of the supplied tool or a paper clip to do this right.

I hope this helps!

eggyolk
Punch Card
Views: 962
Message 19 of 30

Had same problem when I started, I also have a Scandisk 32G class4, after formatting thru windows, installed card and K1 recognized it right away, am able to transfer file from PC to SD card no issues.

RonMc8208
Punch Card
Views: 951
Message 20 of 30

Addition to Reply: Just found this on the knowledge Base, 

Answer  http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/acer-iconia-tab-a500-forum/23920-3-2-app-sd.html

Android Honeycomb 3.2  doesn't support moving apps to your SD card}    So if this is true then a software change Upgrade may solve this problem.

My Problem is the card, doesn't allow the SD card to show as additional memory, even after being formmated Fat 32 default. Tried various size chips all sandisk though, that's what I have and are received and used from phones to computers.

I just want the memory to show correctly in the files tree.

Thanks,

Ron Mc

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors