08-03-2015 05:42 AM
Recently lenovo give the lollipop update to the LENOVO TAB 2 A10-70,but everybody has reporting serious bug's in this tablet after made the update,please can you put all your issues related with lollipop?Lenovo is not interested in bring a bug's fix for this tablet?
08-03-2015 12:13 PM - edited 08-03-2015 12:22 PM
Omg, where do I begin? First of all I can't even bring up the **bleep** keyboard to type this response. I'm using the tablet right now to type this message in another application so I can cut and paste.
Lenovo Tab 2 A7-10F Android 5.01 Lollipop ROM bugs:
1. Update initially soft bricked the tablet at boot. (Hard Reset required (Power button + Volume Down boots into recovery mode) [Fixed issue]
2. Dolby sound was VERY low. (Wiped all Dolby app data) [Fixed issue]
3. Poor Wi-Fi reception & range. (Seriously you have to be right next to the **bleep** source of the Wi-Fi signal or else it's slow as F****. [Unresolved issue]
4. Bluetooth connection issues. Paired devices take forever to sync, I have to reboot the tablet and reboot the Bluetooth device or Remove the device and Pair it again from scratch. [Unresolved Issue]
5. In portrait mode regardless of the application in use the front facing camera, if oriented on the right hand, side turns the screen off briefly several times until you rotate the screen into landscape then it stops. I can't begin to tell you how F**** annoying this is and it happens often. This tablet does not have a proximity sensor and I theorize is using the crappy camera adhoc to shut the screen off. [Unresolved issue]
Looking back I should have purchased a Nexus 9. I wasted more time and gray hair than I expected and still have issues unresolved. I will never purchase another Lenovo Tablet.
08-03-2015 07:45 PM
08-04-2015 07:06 PM
I retained one of the six I bought for employees. I did a factory reset and everything is hunky-dory. Some KitKat feature went away but I have more of a pure Android experience now. If you want lots of Google apps you have to add them back in. If you want a battery % status indicator download one...I love it. for what it is. Lenovo not a bad company, and don't blame China. They don't do well in the U.S. market with the consumer junk.
08-05-2015 05:28 AM
Ditto on the "where do I begin". seems like almost anything to do with Google fails. Email fails, misc games fail(Candy crush works!)
Deleting and reinstalling apps doesn't help.
Clearing cache and data doesn't help
Clearing cache from the tablet through the recovery screen doesn't help.
I'm about ready to do a factory reset!!
08-05-2015 09:58 AM
My Tab 2 somehow got forced into updating to Lollipop (I never even got a notice if I wanted to update, it just installed all of a sudden when I turned on the tablet and was just asking for me to reboot) and post-update it is way sluggish compared to Kit Kat.
Here are the problems I've encountered so far on Lolliopop:
1. Wi-Fi drops or low connectivity- When the tablet is woken up from sleep mode, the Wi-Fi is no longer connected and takes up to a minute to reconnect. Connectivity is low and where I used to have full bars now only shows up as two.
2. Battery drain high- In KitKat I would be able to leave my tablet in sleep mode in the morning with a full chargeand come home to it with 80% battery life. After the update I now come home to around 25%-30% available.
3. Chrome/app sluggish/lock up- When scrolling a webpage on Chrome or even reading the news on an app (ABC News, NBC, etc.) the page/app will stutter and lock up and will either take a minute or more until it becomes responsive again or I'll have to force close the application. Clearing cache doesn't help or clearing data.
Has anyone tried to do a factory reset to see if that helps?I'm looking to trying this if Lenovo doesn't issue a system update soon.
My pervious Nexus 7 tablet (2012) was almost a brick after it updated to 5.0 which became a lot better after a facotry reset.
08-16-2015 01:05 PM
After the update intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity (multiple access points from multiple manufacturers).
Even after multiple full factory resets.
Are you listening, Lenovo?
I assume that insufficient testing performed prior to rolling out Lollipop.
Is there provision to DOWNGRADE to 4.4 until we get a CORRECTED Lollipop update?
Lenove, you should be ASHAMED of yourself for releasing this buggy update! No excuse!
08-26-2015 04:44 AM
It's a disaster
Some of my favorite games just don't work ! just a black screen
For example Modern Conflict 2
Never saw something like this and for sure not from Lenovo