Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfortelka
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 785
Message 1 of 5

Launcher and Icons after Oreo Update

My Tab4 8 finally updated to Oreo a few days ago, but now I want to try a different launcher other than the default.   My tablet works just fine, but I don't want to take any chances on possibly turning it into a brick because it now chokes on a particular launcher!

1.  Has anyone had any problems with a particular launcher after their tablet updated from Nougat to Oreo? 

2.  Is the ubiquitous Nova still a good choice, or is there now a preferred one for Lenovo tablets with Oreo?  I'm interested specifically in options involving the desktop/homescreen folders I have several similar apps squirreled in.  I can now change the shape of the app icons, but the folders remain circles.

Thanks for any suggestions!

John

Blonkythorpe
SCSI Port
Views: 742
Message 2 of 5

Re: Launcher and Icons after Oreo Update

I've been using Action Launcher before and after the upgrade and everything is working just fine.

Highlighted
captdirt
What's DOS?
Views: 733
Message 3 of 5

I use Nova on my Tab 4 10 and it works dandy.
KatherineKane
Blue Screen Again
Views: 304
Message 4 of 5

This is only my first really mid-range (even if it's low-mid-range). Is that kind of launcher problem common enough to warrant the precaution? I've only ever installed 3rd party launchers when the stock is missing key functions, like an app drawer - and that's mostly been on phones.

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 286
Message 5 of 5

I'd suggest experimenting with free versions until you like one - it won't affect the Lenovo launcher's availability.  Ask six users about launchers, browsers, keyboard, etc. and get six different answers, all legit, maybe of interest.  Using differently branded Android phone and two tablets, revolving every few years, I never give any stock launcher, a minute, but install the old v. 1 ADW launcher bought years ago and set all devices up identically for consistency.  The app drawer set up and icon resizing ate my priorities, with a single icon-free desktop screen for my own photos, and the old ADW nailed it. Small and fast is also a factor on low spec tablets. Oreo does replace a lot of icons with new round ones, but I'm indifferent.  

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors