Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

03-20-2016

United States of America

14 Signins

353 Page Views

• Views: 353
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo TAB 2-70F

2017-07-04, 22:49 PM

How do I delete approx. 800mb of old/duplicate set-up files from my tab 2-70f. I tried the delete option, but it did not work.

Jack080

Answer
Options

858 Posts

10-08-2015

Canada

998 Signins

5947 Page Views

• Views: 5947

Re: Lenovo TAB 2-70F

2017-07-05, 4:30 AM

Can you provide more details of what you are talking about? What OS version? What files & in which folders? How do you know that they are duplicates? System files & folders cannot be deleted unless the device is rooted. You may just have to live with the "duplicate" files if they are system files.

Old update files are stored in the Partition Cache. You can safely remove that & it will free some memory. You may wan to do a Google or YouTube search on what the Partition Cache is all about.

Clearing the Cache Partition:

If you experience problems with applications on the device, you may need to remove temporary files that could be causing the problem. When you clear the cache it will remove temporary files but will not delete your files or settings.

Visit How to Check Your Software Version, if needed, then follow the steps below for your device's software version.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Android Version 6.0 (Marshmallow) Steps

Power off the device and unplug it.

Press and hold the Volume Down button. While still holding Volume Down button, press and release the Power button.

Press and release the Volume Down button until you reach Recovery Mode.

Press and release the Power button to select Recovery Mode. The device will restart. An image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark will appear.

Press and hold the Power button, press the Volume Up button once and then release the Power button.

Use the Volume buttons to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and press the Power button to select it. If an additional confirmation screen appears, use the Volume buttons to scroll to Yes and the Power button to select it.

Once the cache wipe has completed, press the Power button to select Reboot System Now.

Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop) Steps

Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

From the Boot Mode selection menu, press the Volume Down button to scroll to Recovery and the Volume Up button to select it. The device will restart. An image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark will appear.

Press and hold the Power button, press the Volume Up button once and then release the Power button.

Use the Volume buttons to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and press the Power button to select it.

If an additional confirmation screen appears, use the Volume buttons to scroll to Yes and the Power button to select it.
Press the Power button to select Reboot System Now.

Replies(5)
Answer
Options

858 Posts

10-08-2015

Canada

998 Signins

5947 Page Views

• Views: 5947
  • Message 2 of 6

2017-07-05, 4:30 AM

Can you provide more details of what you are talking about? What OS version? What files & in which folders? How do you know that they are duplicates? System files & folders cannot be deleted unless the device is rooted. You may just have to live with the "duplicate" files if they are system files.

Old update files are stored in the Partition Cache. You can safely remove that & it will free some memory. You may wan to do a Google or YouTube search on what the Partition Cache is all about.

Clearing the Cache Partition:

If you experience problems with applications on the device, you may need to remove temporary files that could be causing the problem. When you clear the cache it will remove temporary files but will not delete your files or settings.

Visit How to Check Your Software Version, if needed, then follow the steps below for your device's software version.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Android Version 6.0 (Marshmallow) Steps

Press and hold the Volume Down button. While still holding Volume Down button, press and release the Power button.

Press and release the Volume Down button until you reach Recovery Mode.

Press and release the Power button to select Recovery Mode. The device will restart. An image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark will appear.

Use the Volume buttons to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and press the Power button to select it. If an additional confirmation screen appears, use the Volume buttons to scroll to Yes and the Power button to select it.

Once the cache wipe has completed, press the Power button to select Reboot System Now.

Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop) Steps

Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

From the Boot Mode selection menu, press the Volume Down button to scroll to Recovery and the Volume Up button to select it. The device will restart. An image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark will appear.

Use the Volume buttons to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and press the Power button to select it.

If an additional confirmation screen appears, use the Volume buttons to scroll to Yes and the Power button to select it.
Press the Power button to select Reboot System Now.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

17 Posts

03-20-2016

United States of America

14 Signins

353 Page Views

• Views: 353
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-07-08, 3:36 AM

Tab 2 A10-70F; version 5.0.1; software version a10-70f_20160921

My mobile security program listed set-up files for applications shown in the the apps manager that were installed and some that were not installed that could be deleted to gain memory. Some are labeled old; some I can see are duplicates. 

I appreciate your response and will try your suggestion at a later date.

I also want to connect to the internet via Ethernet. When I open settings, Ethernet, I'm directed  to connect an Ethernet adapter. I tried a KY-RD9700 adapter, but it did not work.

Is a driver already installed on the Tab2 A10-70F, or do I have to install It?

What driver do I download if I must install it?

Thanks for your help.

Jack080.

Options

4 Posts

02-09-2019

India

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-02-09, 14:41 PM
hi
how to update my software in oreo
Options

4 Posts

02-09-2019

India

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-02-09, 14:44 PM
i want to change my software into oreo
who can i do ???????
Options

4 Posts

02-09-2019

India

3 Signins

28 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2019-02-09, 14:48 PM
jack you can install oreo in my tab is this posibile
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms