Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iliya
Punch Card
Views: 10,171
Message 1 of 20

Lenovo TAB3 7 TB3-730X is ridiculously slow

I've got Lenovo TB3-730X with Android 6.

It's so annoyingly slow that it's even hardly usable.

Even the UI doesn't respond normally. Pressing any of the Back, Home or Overview buttons is followed by seconds of waiting before anything happens.

I'm posting this as an alert to anyone thinking of buying this model.

Below are the specs from cpuz:

Device
Manufacturer LENOVO
Model ID Lenovo TB3-730X
Android Version 6.0
Kernel Version 3.18.19+

SoC (Processor)
Architecture ARM (armv8l)
SoC Model MediaTek MT6735
SoC Family 4x ARM Cortex-A53 @988 MHz
Frequency 988 MHz / Min: 221 MHz - Max: 988 MHz
Main CPU Cores 4 Cores / 4 Threads
Process 28 nm
CPUID 41.0.8.D03.4
Revision R0P4
Features HALF THUMB FASTMULT VFP EDSP NEON VFPV3 TLS VFPV4 IDIVA IDIVT LPAE EVTSTRM AES PMULL SHA1 SHA2 CRC32
Bogomips 26.00 MIPS

Display (GPU / LCD)
SoC Manufacturer ARM
SoC Model Mali-T720
OpenGL Ver. 3.0
LCD Size 7 inches / 17.8 cm
LCD Resolution 600 x 1024 pixels
LCD Definition 160 DPI

Memory
RAM 922 MB (1 GB)
Flash 4664 MB

Embedded Sensor
Sensor #1 ACCELEROMETER
Sensor #2 LIGHT
Sensor #3 PROXIMITY

Guru
Views: 10,124
Message 2 of 20

Re: Lenovo TAB3 7 TB3-730X is ridiculously slow

Hard to say for sure without seeing it. Do you have enough storage space, internal & or external?

Can you check to see what other apps are running? Sounds like something is running in the background & using up your RAM & or CPU cycles?  Check Settings>Apps & there you will find all the apps & statistics.  Also, you could go through your large running apps & Force Stop them one by one & see if that helps. Also look to clear the Cache for some or all apps, via Settings>Storage>Internal Storage>Cached data. Check your video & or YouTube apps?

Can you reboot? Do that several times if nothing from above seems to fit?  Finally, check this forum for the Self Diagnosis thread & learn how to test your device in SAFE MODE.  This mode will load the minimum number of apps & resources to run your device & if things seem normal in Safe Mode, then you would know that some app or function is running in the background & using up your device resources.

Also, you could do a factory reset after testing in Safe Mode or if you cannot figure out what is using the system resources & verifying that you have no malware installed. Back up or copy your documents, images, videos before doing a factory reset, preferrably to your PC.

Iliya
Punch Card
Views: 10,104
Message 3 of 20

Thank you for the ideas.

I have added an SD card and everything that can be moved is on the SD card.

I have tried the factory reset before. There were no noticeable difference afterwords. 

I will check that "safe mode" to see if I can figure out something more...

rahuldodiya1990
What's DOS?
Views: 9,712
Message 4 of 20

Hello, 

Before two days I brought 

Lenovo TB3-730X with Android 6.i install only 2 application (whatsapp & Xender)and update with letest version. Tablet become slow down to response any click. 

Please resolve this issue. 

Regards. 

Rahul Dodiya 

Magued
What's DOS?
Views: 9,155
Message 5 of 20

I've the same problem.... If anyone have any suggetion It will be highly appreciated

If you have not buy it yet ... Do not do ... It is wast of money

MinaMoris2017
Paper Tape
Views: 9,032
Message 6 of 20

Hello,

i have the same problem, 

Did you find any solution ?

Thank You..

Guru
Views: 9,011
Message 7 of 20

Can you check your Apps list of what Apps that you have RUNNING & try to troubleshoot which are using up your CPU, RAM & or Data excessively?

Make sure that you DO NOT try to install or run apps from the SD card. Search the forum why this is bad. Many threads on this. Trying to move to or run apps from the SD card will cause such problems.

Check ANY APP that uses DATA or even WiFi & that if the app needs an internet connection, even to run in the background, that the connection is ON, or Force Stop the offending App. Apps like Farcebook & Wharts App are apps that want constant internet access. If they are set up incorrectly by the user, or lose connection, they may not be able to fulfill their functions & either use up resources or cause conflicts with other apps / your system.

Check ALL APP SETTINGS / Preferences / Options to set them up properly.

Scan your device with a reputable AV app & do not install suspect Apps, BLOATWARE (Huge or system hungry apps) or free apps that use ADVERTISING, as these free apps want to use system resources & your internet connection. Force stop any suspicious free app using advertising running in the background. Best would be to uninstall such apps. If you scan your device & it is clear, then remove the AV app as you shouldn't need it.

We don't know what you have installed, how you use your device, how you have set up your device & apps, what your connections are like & so it is incredibly difficult to blindly fix your device problem.

riteshpawar1234
Punch Card
Views: 7,014
Message 8 of 20

Install the new update for Lenovo TB3-730x ver: TB3-730x_171011

Our device is a Mediatek processor clocked at 1.0GHz. Quad Core however also make sure there is a minimum 3-4 GB free in internal storage (In my case I have left 6GB free) also make sure to install an SD Card with 10x rating and formatted in FAT32 format from the Tablet itself and not from a PC/Mac. It makes a major difference when running on SD Card so that your photos and videos can be sent to SD Card.

Another way to speed up the tablet is to install another launcher like ZenUI or best get yourself Opus launcher to make the operations smoother.

riteshpawar1234
Punch Card
Views: 7,013
Message 9 of 20

BTW are you sure your tablet is 1GB Ram and not 2 GB ? Coz I have the TB3-730x and its 2GB Ram
Lenovo149
Paper Tape
Views: 6,460
Message 10 of 20

Hi

Lenovo tab 3 730X is slow in games

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors