Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CourtzNI
What's DOS?
Views: 31,193
Message 1 of 23

Lenovo TAB3 7 essential expandable memory

Hi,

I have purchased a 32GB micro SD card for my lenovo tab 3 - 7 essential, bought last week.

I can't seem to select it to auto save directly to the disk and some of the apps I have tried to download are larger than the available space on internal memory.

Can someone help please?  I have run out of ideas on where to look to do this.

Some apps (downloaded not standard) will not even allow me to move them to the SD after download?

Thanks!

Why_Mum
What's DOS?
Views: 30,488
Message 2 of 23

Re: Lenovo TAB3 7 essential expandable memory

I have the same issue, the kids can't download new apps without deleting photos etc.

Is there any way to save photos on the SD card??

MSHUME
Paper Tape
Views: 30,303
Message 3 of 23

I am have same issue. I just bought 2 X Tab3 today for my kids and purchased 2 X 32 GB SD Card. Both can not see the SD Card. Just shows Unmount at bottom of Storeage info.

Is there a white paper or something that can show how to Mount the external SD Card? I want to put kid shows on SD Card so we can travel with devices.

Any help soon before our trip would be great.

My Kids thank you.

Michael

MSHUME
Paper Tape
Views: 30,296
Message 4 of 23

Did you eve get an answer or find a solution? Have same issue.

Michael
Guru
Views: 30,293
Message 5 of 23

What version of Android OS are your devices using?  If version 6 Marshmallow, read this on how to set up & use the SD Card.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/109134/p/30,6720,939...

Guru
Views: 30,292
Message 6 of 23

@Why_Mum wrote:

I have the same issue, the kids can't download new apps without deleting photos etc.

Is there any way to save photos on the SD card??

Yes you can save photos to the SD card. What version of Android OS are you using? See the link above for info on version 6 OS.

Also, you can go into the camera app & choose the setting there to save photo to the External Storage. Page 8 of the User Guide says to look for the Cog or Wheel in the camera app for more user settings but the UG doesn't expand on that. Hopefully it's in there but I don't have the Tab 3 7 Essential to explore, but it's a standard way Android camera app works.

Also install from the Google Play Store a good file manager app (not ES File Manager). I personally use the free Total Commander, though the user interface is a bit quirky, but it does have a help tutuorial. With a good file manager you can move files around more easily than with just the Android file manager accessed via Settings>Storage

Another thing to do is to install a better or more versatile Photo Gallery app than the installed Android one. I use an older version of QuickPic before it became bloated & an invasion of privacy.  Here is a link for version 3.4.xxx which won't ask to update itself & has no need to because it works great & it has a good file management function for photos as well. It also plays videos. You may need to allow the device to install apps from unknown sources via Settings as this version of QuickPic is not from the Google Play Store.  I do not recommend the newer versions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?s=0e77eb9d8d3ffc2718738e4d5f421022&attachmentid=34893...

MSHUME
Paper Tape
Views: 30,253
Message 7 of 23

Thank you for your Reply, 6.0 looks alot easier to work with but theversion on this tablet is 5.1.

MSHUME
Paper Tape
Views: 30,252
Message 8 of 23

I have ver 5.1 on this tablet

DanHegarty
What's DOS?
Views: 29,398
Message 9 of 23

Nice of nobody to answer yours and everyone else's questions.
Applelover1
What's DOS?
Views: 28,538
Message 10 of 23

I have the same issue. 8gb internal storage is pointless and unforgiving.  32gb micro SD card is impossible to access

I just wish I could download apps direct to SD card. Downloading to internal memory and then moving app to SD card doesn't seem to work as it barely increases internal memory.

What a rubbish operating system. I thought android was suppose to be easier than iOS for file management. How wrong was I!!!

Badly need marshmallow and not lollipop to give SD card priority as source of where to save stuff.

I've got my grips with Apple but at least their software works!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors