Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAybElLinEPREDA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,049
Message 11 of 23

Re: Lenovo TAB3 7 essential expandable memory

Of course that i have the same problem.Tab3 7 essential android 5.0.1 andi have MicroSD TF card but i dont know how to set it as internal storage and to move all google play apps on it and everything as photos,videos,app games.??????how to use microsd tf card as internal storage?????please for fast 

Supperp22
Paper Tape
Views: 7,902
Message 12 of 23

Did you find a solution? I face the same problem!

My Lenovo Tab3-7 doesn't find the SD-Card. The only possible option is to mount the sd-card, which is useless.

Thank you in advance for sharing your solutions.

KMF93
What's DOS?
Views: 7,815
Message 13 of 23

What is the biggest memory this will take? I.e 32gb,64gb,128gb etc

Guru
Views: 7,790
Message 14 of 23

@KMF93 wrote:

What is the biggest memory this will take? I.e 32gb,64gb,128gb etc

SDXC cards are supported, i.e. 64 GB and larger. I've successfully tested a 128 GB card on the TB3-710F. The problem isn't the hardware, it's the software, i.e. filesystem support. The standard filesystem for SDXC cards is exFAT, but Android doesn't support that by default. Therefore, you need to format cards with the old FAT32 filesystem which has some limitations (e.g. maximum file size is 4 GB).

PS: do not move Android apps to SD card, it is pointless and probably doesn't do what you think it does (it does not free up much space on the internal storage, because it moves only the small APK files, not their large data files).

stephenbar2001
What's DOS?
Views: 7,718
Message 15 of 23

Sadly, Lenovo has made their Android tablets infinitely harder to work with than was necessary. First, you must "format" your SD card to their unique formatting, which will NOT ne recognized by your computer outside your Lenovo Tablet. You MUST download everytyhing through the tablet's non-standard plug, NOT standard micro-usb. Then, THEN, you must MIGRATE all files from the ONBOARD memory TO the SD card. Your computer will then recognize your SD card and allow you to use it for storage and games. BUT, you will no longer be able to access your ONBOARD memory as it has NOW BECOME your ONLY accessable memory for games, movies, pictures etc!!!!!!!

This means that there will be about 20 gigabytes of storage you have NO access to. So, I suggest that you remove the 32 GB card--which will only give you the memory you THOUGHT you had to start with, and install a 64 GB card--or larger. The SD card slot is an SDXC slot, so it will take up to 256 GB cards.

I have just purchased my Tab 3 a few days ago--and would have returned it because of this fact--and it takes forever to download files because it will not allow multi-tasking on the SD Card as you download each file---or batches of files, at one time. BUT--because of all the other features, including over 12 hours of run time, great speakers and robust design, I will probably keep it. But, I was spoiled with the samsung, because it was so sd card friendly!

Guru
Views: 7,707
Message 16 of 23

@stephenbar2001 wrote:

Sadly, Lenovo has made their Android tablets infinitely harder to work with than was necessary. First, you must "format" your SD card to their unique formatting, which will NOT ne recognized by your computer outside your Lenovo Tablet. You MUST download everytyhing through the tablet's non-standard plug, NOT standard micro-usb. Then, THEN, you must MIGRATE all files from the ONBOARD memory TO the SD card. Your computer will then recognize your SD card and allow you to use it for storage and games. BUT, you will no longer be able to access your ONBOARD memory as it has NOW BECOME your ONLY accessable memory for games, movies, pictures etc!!!!!!!

Err, what?

This topic is about the TAB3 7 Essential tablets. They run Android 5, have no "non-standard plug" (just micro USB), and format SD cards as FAT32, which is supported everywhere.

Your post sounds like you have a poor understanding of the adoptable storage feature that was introduced with Android 6, and is not specific to Lenovo at all.

MAybElLinEPREDA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,425
Message 17 of 23

But the thing we does not understand is that we do not want to put APPs to sd card,we just try to find way to move all photos and videos from Gallery to TF Card or even some mp3 and mp4 sounds.But the sad thing is that no way to move photos and videos to newly purchased sd card.i think android 5.1.0 must be updated by Lenovo to have option to move or copy and paste from Gallery to TF card,And you must ask for this update these Lenovo workers,someone to ask for this update.file managers doesnt have such options,we need the update tomorrow because we bought sd cards and waiting for that update.i did read that the msximum storage for lenovo tab3 7 essential with wifi snd no sim card slot is 64gb,but now happily did read that 252gb sd card can be used and works great.true or not for 252gb,this info?

Onlyme44
What's DOS?
Views: 3,257
Message 18 of 23

I have this tablet and there's a very easy fix for the SD card storage. I mostly run the tablet from the SD card because at 16gb it's not enough storage for the apps and downloads I have.

First go to the Google play store and download "app manager III" you can identify the app by its logo which is a black SD card with white letters on it saying "SD" and a little android robot half out of the folder. 

Once downloaded, open the app. You'll immediately see on the top menus a couple of option "moveable & on SD card" all the apps on your internal storage that can be moved (about 90%) will be shown, just tap them and a pop up meue will ask you to confirm moving app to SD card. Do this for all the moveable apps and you'll free up a ton of internal storage. Apps run fine from an SD card because this is not exactly a fast tablet . Some apps are not moveable, but most are.

Next download "es file explorer" (and move it to SD card) this will let you see what's on the internal drive and the SD card and also let you move files such as movies, magazine etc from internal storage to SD card, or usb stick via an OTG cable in the usb port. I have a ton of stuff on usb sticks that plug into the tab 3, I open them with es explorer as the the content just shows as an additional storage drive.

If you want to control where your downloaded content is placed (internal / SD card / thumb drive etc) then download "advanced download manager" from the app store. You can identify it by the logo of three arrows pointing down coloured red, green, blue. 

It's not possible to download content from iPlayer, more4 etc directly to the SD card, though you can use es file explorer to find the downloaded content on your internal storage, then move it SD card. That's assuming you have enough internal storage to download video , which is doubful. Netflix, allows you to decided where you want content downloaded to in the settings so you can store it directly on the SD card.

Hope that helps. I'm using only an 16gb SD card and I find that plenty for my apps, movies, magazines etc.

cess2
What's DOS?
Views: 3,094
Message 19 of 23

Got the same problem just I bought 16gb
koalame
Paper Tape
Views: 2,253
Message 20 of 23

New Tab 4 8 and love it. On camera app I set it to store camera images on an sd card that I already had. Formatted it  and tested it and all was good and deleted the one image I had stored on the card. Today I noticed in the tablet notification area a note that there was an sd card so I opened it and it wanted me to set up the sd card to be used between devices or not.  Set it to only be used with the tablet.  It suggested formatting so I did that again. Went to the camera again to make sure the sd card was marked as the storage default and now it says ‘tablet’ and the sd card option is grayed out. How do I get it back to where I can choose camera images to be stored on sd card only?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors