Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jeromv
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,404
Message 1 of 143

Lenovo TAB3 Business TB3-X70F TWRP down

Hello
I installed Tzul's TWRP on my TB3-X70F. Thanks for him and his job !

1-fastboot oem unlock

2-fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

3-fastboot boot twrp.img

Seems works with S000025 firmware.

However, since the OTA update S000026, the recovery twrp is erased and if I reinstall it the tablet will not start anymore and remains blocked on the Lenovo logo.

Did I make a mistake somewhere? If not, anyone can help me to solve this problem ?

Thank you

Guru
Views: 5,348
Message 2 of 143

Re: Lenovo TAB3 Business TB3-X70F TWRP down

You only need to perform "fastboot oem unlock" a single time on the tablet.

And you should use EITHER "fastboot flash recovery" OR "fastboot boot", not necessarily both. The former command flashes the recovery partition, the latter command just boots an image file without flashing the tablet.

Normally, after using "fastboot flash recovery", you should do a "fastboot oem reboot-recovery", but this is unfortunately blocked on the TB3-X70F. Therefore, using "fastboot boot" after flashing isn't a bad substitute, but you should be aware of the difference.

It is normal that Android overwrites the recovery with the original one. That can only be prevented by booting TWRP before Android, and then modifying the system partition (TWRP does it automatically if you allow it).

My TWRP for the TB3-X70F still works fine for me, both with S000025 and S000026.

jeromv
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,338
Message 3 of 143

Thanks for your reply and your help

If it works on your side i probably make an error in the process ... I'll try again.

At first launch, TWRP asks Keep System Read only? Should i press the "Keep System Read" button ?
Thank you

Guru
Views: 5,382
Message 4 of 143

Like I said, if you do not allow TWRP to change the system partition ("keep system read-only"), then TWRP will most likely be replaced by the stock recovery next time Android boots. For modern devices with Android 6 and later, that is the preferred choice, because changing the system partition can cause Android to not boot anymore.

However, for the TB3-X70F, you can allow system changes, if you like.

But you need to be aware that installing TWRP and changing the system partition can cause future firmware upgrades to fail. That's why you should always make backups (of the original system partition, boo,t and recovery) before you change anything.

haema
Punch Card
Views: 5,230
Message 5 of 143

my device

Lenovo Tab3 10 Plus  WIFI only 2/16GB

I flashed the recovery  "recovery_twrp303_TB3-X70F.img" with fastboot.

The reboot stops at the Lenovo Logo.I can reboot in the TWRP recovery . The install of of the root.zip worked.

When I reboot it still won't open and stops at the logo. Would it help to flash "Lenovo_TB3-X70F_S000026_WC0E305514.zip". Is there any solution for my brick...?

jeromv
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,285
Message 6 of 143

Thank you Tzul. It work fine !

The problem is that i didn't reboot after "fastboot oem unlock". With the reboot all is ok.

Do you know if an android N Rom exist ?

By default the tablet is encrypted, do you know how decrypt it ?

Guru
Views: 5,272
Message 7 of 143

I don't know of any custom firmwares for this tablet.

To remove the default encryption on the data partition, simply format it with TWRP (Wipe -> Format Data -> enter "yes").

haema
Punch Card
Views: 5,227
Message 8 of 143

Hallo Tzul

My device is lenovo tab3 10 plus -  70f.  Wifi only 2gb RAM 16gb card

I flashed your recovery ,which is in the andoid filehost.Before flashing I booted the img. and made a  backup. Then after the actualy flashing I installed supersu as recommended.

Now I stack in the rebooting at the Logo oft Lenovo.

I can boot in your recovery or in flashmode weRestoring my backups works but doesn't change the  problem.

Is there a ZIP or row ,that would help.

Thank you for your work

Guru
Views: 5,209
Message 9 of 143

Hello haema. You used my TWRP for the TB3-X70F on a Tab3 10 Plus, and it worked? Somebody told me the touch in TWRP didn't work on the Plus.

Anyway, which version of SuperSU did you install? Here's a link to the latest beta. The first boot after the installation can take quite a while. The tablet might appear to be stuck, but if the boot animation has played, then it should work. Just be patient and wait for at least 15 minutes, if necessary.

haema
Punch Card
Views: 5,200
Message 10 of 143

Hallo Tzul

Yes it worked in the Plus Version. I will try your suggestion and wait .

Thank you for your quick response!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors