Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quantumn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 326
Message 131 of 143

Re: Lenovo TAB3 Business TB3-X70F TWRP down

[quote=Ano1]Ploink. (2 times)[/quote]

Impressive.  That doesn't mean anything either.

Papumodz
What's DOS?
Views: 266
Message 132 of 143

LinuxRoach
Fanfold Paper
Views: 194
Message 133 of 143

WRT the Tab 3 10 PLUS and those having issues, I may well have a copy of the correct firmware for this device courtesy of the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant software, which I hope to use to recover my tablet after things went "bork" when I tried to install TWRP and the touch screen decided it would no longer work.

I'm waiting for the battery on the tablet to go flat before I can try to recover via the LMSA, as after trying to flash a "Business" rom has left things softbricked and the battery has to go completely flat before anything can be done, but according to the LMSA it is absolutely the correct firmware, TB3_X70F_S000008_180326_ROW_P_DCC, for my EU Tab 3 10 Plus. 

There's no reason this should NOT work, so if others are having issues then may I suggest follwing the procedure in the following link.

https://support.lenovo.com/be/en/solutions/ht501876

I just wish that Lenovo would make this information more openly available because it took me a LOT of digging around the internet to find it, and the grief I've gone through thanks to Lenovo's decision to have different firmwares on tablets with the same "model name" as well as the time spent digging around for a means to recover (never mind the extremely slow download speeds to get the rom) means it's unlikely that anything with the name "Lenovo" will be bought again.

So if anyone THINKS they can do anything with the Plus firmware, such as making a custom recovery, then they way to get it seems to be via the LMSA as the LMSA will download the firmware to your programdata/LMSA/download/romfiles folder

Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 183
Message 134 of 143

Dear LinuxRoach,

Thanks for your post! This is indeed very useful information! :-) :-)

I can now even download the original firmware for my tablet (according to the box it's a TB3-X70F and according to the sticker on the back it's a "51" harware version, it says: SN: ........(51).

I am trying the download rightaway, I clicked 'download' (1.2 GB), let's see what happens.

Maybe this is also an opportunity for our beloved guru Tzul to make TWRP versions for other firmwares as well ;-)

And maybe even this guy Quantumn can revive his tablet ;-)

THANKS AGAIN

EDIT 1: file is downloading right now into this directory on my W7 machine: C:\Program Data\LMSA\Download\RomFiles, in my case the file is called "TB3_X70F_S000008_180326_ROW_P_DCC.zip". I guess this must be the original firmware then, before I flashed it with the version that was posted by Tzul.

EDIT 2: after the downloading is finished and the zip file is extracted, it just look like the firmware that was made available by Tzul, also the file "MT6735_Android_scatter.txt" is present.

EDIT 3: the firmware from Tzul is called "TB3-X70F_180108", according to the Lenovo server this version is hardware version "11" then.

LinuxRoach
Fanfold Paper
Views: 170
Message 135 of 143

You're welcome, as I say it's such a shame that finding the necessary was so hard because it took a link from a non-Lenovo site to find the information.

There's something wrong when that's the case, and Lenovo would definitely do themselves a favour by making sure people could find that nugget more easily as I'm sure there are plenty of others who have "issues", not related to tinkering with TWRP, etc, who would find this invaluable.

PS. You're in the US? That means that the EU and US tablets are exactly the same and run exactly the same firmware as mine is also a "51". The potential must be there to make a custom recovery that will work "worldwide" because of that.

Mo20
Fanfold Paper
Views: 150
Message 136 of 143

These are outstanding news!
Thank you, LinuxRoach!

After installing LMSA v4.0.0.7 i was able to download the Firmware (TB3-X70F, 51 => TB3_X70F_S000008_180326_ROW_P_DCC.zip) and flash it following the instructions of LMSA. My Battery was completly empty.
The tablet now boots up and erverything seems fine. Except for the touchscreen which doesnt work. This is, however, a huge improvement!

I assume my hardwareversion (on the back of the tablet it says s/n: ...(52)) is not compatible with the 51 firmware.
I'll mesage the support and ask which one i should use.

I still wonder how no one was able to find LMSA until now. I mean a lot of us did a lot of research around the internet.

Greetings,
Mo 

Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 146
Message 137 of 143

I'm in Europe. Niet al te ver weg van jou waarschijnlijk ;-)

LinuxRoach
Fanfold Paper
Views: 133
Message 138 of 143

@Mo20 wrote:

I assume my hardwareversion (on the back of the tablet it says s/n: ...(52)) is not compatible with the 51 firmware.
I'll mesage the support and ask which one i should use.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you can't YET, but hopefully Lenovo will remove the proverbial finger and sort things out for you.

Edit: Meanwhile, my battery has died so the "softbrick" is no more, as seen by the Lenovo splash screen appearing when you plug in the charger. So now it's wait a little while to get at least 30% into the battery before attempting the LMSA flash.

Will let you all know how this goes, and IF there's any problems we can see how we can go further with help from Lenovo as I am not exactly impressed with how things are so far regarding "help" when things go wrong as this info regardingthe LMSA should have been a sticky in this section of the board as I have suggested in the LMSA thread which was buried *ahem* pages into the forum. 

Sorry, Lenovo, but that info should have been stickied, and it make me wonder if it was a deliberate act to force the unwary into parting with money by making them pay Lenovo to do something that Lenovo actually allows you to do via their own software.

LinuxRoach
Fanfold Paper
Views: 95
Message 139 of 143

Update.

Tablet flashed via LMSA, still no touch screen despite it being fully done with Lenovo's own software and Lenovo's "official" firmware.

Time to go through this thread again for a solution, but to say I am not impressed by Lenovo is an understatement as it's clear their intent is to make sure NOBODY does anything Lenovo decides they shouldn't without penalty and that means that IF I can get things working properly again the tablet will be sold and one from a manufacturer that does think of it's customers will be purchased instead.

This situation would never have arisen if Lenovo didn't confuse things by using the same model number for two different devices, with their website saying one thing and the reality being another and, frankly, effectively disabling the tablet in this manner, as the OFFICIAL firmware from Lenovo should have resolved things.

Well done, Lenovo, you have proven, in spectacular definition, you are a company that should never be trusted by anyone.

Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 86
Message 140 of 143

Depends a bit on the history of the tablet, whether or not to blame Lenovo ;-)

In my case, I started messing up the tablet in order to get root access and install a different bootloader...

I guess the majority of 'normal' users will just be happy with the tablet, and in case of emergency they can use the built-in option to do a 'reset to factory defaults'.

So what's the history of your tablet? Did you have problems with it, or did you just start tampering with it (like I did)? ;-)

I also had problems with an irresponsive touch, but in my case the touchscreen was revived after flashing the firmware that Tzul posted on www.androidfilehost.com . Apparently meant for a different hardware version, but it functions now flawlessly.

This might also be a solution for you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors