cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 2,943
Message 21 of 143

Re: Lenovo TAB3 Business TB3-X70F TWRP down

Hello moricef, haven't you read the previous posts here?

My TWRP is for the Tab3 10 Business (TB3-X70F), and not for the Tab3 10 Plus! Both tablets are called "TB3-X70F", but they might or might not be compatible - the Tab3 10 Plus uses a different firmware at least.

MediaTek bootloaders on these Tab3 devices tend to be buggy and don't allow simple commands like "fastboot continue" and "fastboot reboot". They should work, but don't.

The unlock process "destroys" the data partition, that's why TWRP can't mount it! You either need to boot Android once after unlocking and before using TWRP. Or you can format the data partition with TWRP (Wipe -> Format data), then reboot TWRP (Reboot -> Recovery).

On the Tab3 10 Plus, do NOT allow TWRP to modify the system!

The Tab3 10 Plus appears to use Verified Boot (dm-verity and block-oriented updates). The Tab3 10 Business does not. That means, on the Tab3 10 Plus, all files on the system partition must remain untouched and at precise starting addresses. If you delete a file and then restore it, it will have the same content, but it will likely be at a different starting address, which causes Android with Verified Boot to not boot anymore!

TWRP can make a backup of the System Image, which saves the complete partition including the layout/addresses of the files. A common system file backup, which only saves the file contents, is not good enough anymore for Verified Boot!

In your log, I see the message "renamed stock recovery file in /system to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP" - that means you allowed TWRP to modify the system partition, and that's why your Android won't boot anymore! Smiley Sad

If you use TWRP to install SuperSU, it will disable dm-verity and Android should boot again, but you won't be able to install any future OTA updates because of the changed system partition!

moricef
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,933
Message 22 of 143

Thanks for your reply. I think i can't install SuperSU with TWRP because TWRP can't boot in any case. In the end of lines of the logs that I've indicated, it reboot again and again in loop without never let appear the complete TWRP environment.
Another thing, I've entered the serial number of my tablet on Lenovo website in "My products". It's indicates TAB3 10 Business - Serial Number HGER2X7C - Machine Type Model ZA0X0125SE
in place of Tab3 10 Plus like indicate on the seller website. There is a label on the face front of the tablet indicate Tab3 10 Plus, but the label with the serial number on the tablet's back shows Tab3 10 Business.

haema
Punch Card
Views: 2,921
Message 23 of 143

Hallo moricef

That looks to be the same as what happend to me. I also get this confusing information when I give in my tablets serial number at the lenovo guarantee page :"tab 3 10 business" while it says "plus" at the sticker on the touch glass when I got it new. My device is 179E WiFi only 16GB...2GB

I got my tablet back after only 9days without charge.....I contacted the chat at the lenovo side .

What I didn't try was use the file lenovo_TB3-X70F_S000026_....found on androidfilehost and use the meditek phone tool. I am not familiar with this tool and the scatter file but may be it works.

Good luck and hope there will be a working recovery/root.

haem

moricef
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,916
Message 24 of 143

Thanks for your support. Mine is a wifi only too with 32 Go eMMC 2Go RAM
Thanks again
FM
Guru
Views: 2,914
Message 25 of 143

@moricef wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I think i can't install SuperSU with TWRP because TWRP can't boot in any case. In the end of lines of the logs that I've indicated, it reboot again and again in loop without never let appear the complete TWRP environment.

It appears to be doing a factory reset. But I don't know why it's doing it over and over.

If you had a backup of the stock recovery, you could reflash that, and that might fix it. You really shouldn't have done a "fastboot flash recovery", but a "fastboot boot". Well, it's too late now.

moricef
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,908
Message 26 of 143

Unfortunately I haven't do a backup because I was thinking to do a nandroid backup with TWRP. Now if I understood correctly, there is no stock rom for this tablet. Lenovo doesn't want to deliver one?

So my tablet is really a Tab3 10 Plus and not a Tab3 10 Business?

haema
Punch Card
Views: 2,893
Message 27 of 143

Hallo moricef

Tzul suggested to install SuperSU.

With my softbricked tab I could open the tzul recovery : press power and volume up . Then I could choose recovery,fast boot...that way

I could work normally in tzuls recovery although my tab was not booting . Installing SuperSU run without error message. Restoring the backups I had made before -while working with fastboot "boot recovery.IMG" as tzul wrote you should have done before flashing - didn't work I.e. worked with error and didn't bring the system back. The same happens when I tried to install different other zip.

1 you could try to install SuperSU that way

2 you could try to use smart phone flashtool to flash the in my earlier post mentioned zip file which seemed to be a firmware or complete update?

haem

haema
Punch Card
Views: 2,892
Message 28 of 143

Hallo dono

Which device do you have? How did you import the s0000026 ?Which steps did you take?

I ask that because different tablets are named tb3 x70f. ...16 or 32 GB. ...Business or Plus.

Haem

coderonnie
Paper Tape
Views: 2,240
Message 29 of 143

First of all, thank you to Tzul for taking the time to create all of these helpful tools and responding here.

Now the problem. I skimmed this forum, and now I've bricked my Tab3 10 Plus by trying to use TWRP (recovery_twrp303_TB3-X70F.img) on it. I unlocked the bootloader and rebooted the device, allowing it to restore the data. Then I simply booted into fastboot and attempted to "fastboot boot recovery_twrp303_TB3-X70F.img" and when TWRP opened touch input was not working. I held the power button down until the device shut off and now touch input does not work at all even when booting normally. Smiley Sad

I tried to do the safe thing and just boot into TWRP to make backups before flashing it, but apparently that was enough to ruin me before I could even make backups. Does anyone have any suggestions to restore touch input functionality? I already did a factory reset in the stock recovery, but that did not fix it.

Also, I'm curious how anyone knew where to find Tzul's files in the first place or how to use them because I can find any documentation or forum posts with instructions here or on XDA other than this one thread, which is why I'm posting here. Thanks, just curious if there is somewhere I should know about that is a more central source of info for Tzul's files.

haema
Punch Card
Views: 2,231
Message 30 of 143

Hallo CR

I did exactly the same before stupidly  flashing the twrp.

I could do a factory reset .It took some time before it booted. Just try that again perhaps delete all chaches before

Later I flashed the twrp and had to send the touch to lenovo. I had made a backup in the beginning.But that didn't work

They - lenovo-brought it back to life without charging or swearing!

Let me know when you find a root or twrp.

My device : lenovo tb3 X70F.  Plus.  WiFi only. 16gb. 179  €

Good luck!

Haema

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors