Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,363
Message 31 of 157

Re: Lenovo TAB3 Business TB3-X70F TWRP down

4 months ago I used the "recovery_twrp303_TB3-X70F.img" posted by Tzul ( TWRP ) on my Lenovo TAB3 10 Plus/Business 32GB.

However, after that my the touch screen of my tablet wouldn't work anymore! An attached mouse worked without a problem.

Then I flashed it with the firmware that was also posted by Tzul (TB3-X70F_S000025_160527_ROW-signed.7z) using the MediaTek SPFlash Tool. That revived my tablet and I got a slightly different firmware than I had.

But my touch was working agian and TWRP as well!

Then rooting was easy,

Thanks to Tzul I have a rooted and fully functional tablet now!

coderonnie
Paper Tape
Views: 2,330
Message 32 of 157

I tried flashing TB3-X70F_S000025_160527_ROW-signed.7z with sp flash tool version 5.1728. I unzipped it and selected the scatter file with the device unplugged. I selected download with the type set to download only. When I connect the device it gives me an error Error 0x7D4 Message: BROM ERROR: S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004). I tried a different USB cable. I have the Mediatek USB VCOM drivers installed because I've used SP flash tool on other devices, but I tried reinstalling them. Thank you for the suggestion, but I can't get it to work.

In hindsight I'm thinking I should have used MTK Droid Tools to back everything up before I tried anything, and also to make a custom version of ClockworkMod recovery for the Tab3 10 Plus. Unfortunately I think I'm beyond that point. Maybe Lenovo will swap it out. :/

Guru
Views: 2,321
Message 33 of 157

MtkDroidTools has been discontinued. It does not work with newer chips like the one used in the TB3-X70F.

You could have made a backup with the SPFT's Readback feature instead.

Also, the SPFT error you got is normal, it's due to the security settings on the TB3-X70F. It only accepts signed firmware, and only if you flash it in a special mode: you need to press and hold the volume-up button on the tablet before connecting USB. There should be a readme in the TB3-X70F_S000025_160527_ROW-signed.7z file, and it does actually tell you this. Smiley Wink

Ano1, good to hear that the TB3-X70F Business firmware appears to be working on a TB3-X70F Plus, but I don't know if it's wise to do that (well, better than a dead tablet). I don't have a Plus tablet and don't know how they differ from the Business model. It's very unfortunate that Lenovo created this confusing mess, two models that have pretty much identical hardware, but use different firmware branches with weird incompatibilities like that touchscreen lock-up.

Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,311
Message 34 of 157

Tzul, the question for me is still if I have a "Plus" or "Business" version. The sticker says "Plus" but when I fill in the serial numner on the Lenovo website it says "Business".

BTW, I don't see my previous post anymore, has it been deleted by the Forum admin?
pete57
Punch Card
Views: 2,283
Message 35 of 157

I have a Lenovo TB3 Plus with 16 gb, 2 GB RAM and it appears it is difficult ,(impossible?) to root or install a custom recovery on it from what I've reading here. You do state however a person can make a backup with SPFT Readback feature. I would appreciate if you tell more details on doing that please
coderonnie
Paper Tape
Views: 2,278
Message 36 of 157

After holding the volume up button while using SP flash tool I was able to flash the Tab3 Business firmware onto my Tab3 10 Plus. (I skimmed the readme, but missed the bit about holding volume up. My bad.) My touch input is now working again. Everything else appears to be working correctly. I was able to boot TWRP and make backups. Then I flashed TWRP and am finally all set. I know having the business firmware on the 10 plus is not ideal, but hey it works for me!

Also I used your zip file that toggles off mode charge and that works as well.

I rooted with Magisk and that also seems fine.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

haema
Punch Card
Views: 2,230
Message 37 of 157

Hallo coderonnie

Please tell me : is your Tab with 32 or 16 GB memory?

Your successful approach gives me hope for my TAB 3 Plus TB3 X70F  16GB .

Thank you to inform us of your solution. And big thank you to Tzul for his constant support.

Haema

coderonnie
Paper Tape
Views: 2,213
Message 38 of 157

Mine is a 16GB.

haema
Punch Card
Views: 2,191
Message 39 of 157

Moin Moin Tzul

Would you be so kind to give us a link on how to make a backup with the SPFT's Readback. The therefore nesessary scatter file is a black box for me.

There is something else:

When I use SPFT to flash the firmware  TB3-X70F_S000025_160527_ROW-sgned.7z and load the scatter file it says on the phone image on the left "MT 67..." but my plus tab has a MT 8161 A prozessor? Does that matter?

I'm preparing another go at my tab  16 GB  Plus alla coderonnie! As others mentioned ,when I sign in my tab data on the lenovo help and guarantee homepage it says : lenovo...business ! also when I connect it via USB to windows7 laptop it says lenovo business. It might be the plus is not so different from the business.

Greetings from Schleswig-Holstein

Haema

Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,184
Message 40 of 157

"load the scatter file it says on the phone image on the left "MT 67..." but my plus tab has a MT 8161 A prozessor? Does that matter?"

It was the same with me but flashing went without any problem.

I am wondering, however, how to split up the 3 GB ROM file I dumped myself into parts/partitions, to be used with a scatter file. To make an easy restore possible without having to apply all firmware updates again after restoring the "TB3-X70F_S000025_160527_ROW-signed" files from Tzul.

Something else: although having root acces, I could not find out how to completely shut off the vibrations (e.g. after attaching charging cable while tablet being switched off). So yesterday I opened the back of the tablet and cut the wire to the vibration motor. Now I can enjoy complete silence :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors