Punch Card
Views: 1,432
Message 51 of 157

Re: Lenovo TAB3 Business TB3-X70F TWRP down

Moin moin
TWRP von Tzul + Root (magisk ) successful on
Lenovo Tab 3 10 Plus ...TB3X70F ....16GB .,...WiFi only

Thank you Tzul!

Also thank you Jeromv for telling on this blog pg 2 to use the spf flash tool to flash TB3-X70F_S000025_160527_ROW-signed.7z. I didn't try it then, because it indicated a different CPU MT 65...But it worked as I found out now. Because Coderonnie let us know that he used it.
Thanks Coderonnie!
I followed your example and rooted my Tab 3 10 Plus and it worked.
But I had some repeated attempts to get it done.
Flashing the firmware S00025.. took  me some time probably by not pressing the vol up button long enough.
Flashboot took me hours as well. Flashboot oem unlock and then flashing the Tzul recovery wasn't straight forward! Between oem unlock and flashing recovery it seems to be necessary to reboot the Tab because it freezes. Push power and vol up after disconnected USB cable to make the tablet reboot. Then after flashing recovery it reboots in a boot loop in the Tzul recovery unless you do "flashtool boot the recovery" directly after flashing the recovery!
So after flashtool boot recovery ,the recovery starts and you have then to install the magisk Root tool and ...sorry I can't remember...probably do a factory reset or some wipe as well.

Anyway since you can sp flashtool your firmware anytime it doesn't seem to dangerous!

I'm disappointed that xposed doesn't work with my CPU!

Haema

haema
Punch Card
Views: 1,431
Message 52 of 157

By the way sp flashtool read back made 23 files of at all 3.x GB using one of the firmware preloaded. But not much use...

Haema

coderonnie
Paper Tape
Views: 1,423
Message 53 of 157

haema, the bootloop you encountered by doing
fastboot oem unlock

fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
is because unlocking the bootloader destroys the data partition and flashing TWRP on before restoring the data partition causes it to get stuck in a bootloop. I ran into that accidentally at one point during all of my tinkering as well, even though I knew it was the case. It's easy to overlook and a good reminder for people to unlock the bootloader, reboot and wait while the data partition is restored, then boot back into fastboot and flash TWRP.

haema
Punch Card
Views: 1,378
Message 54 of 157

Update to s 000027  ?

My device TB3 10 Plus ...rooted and equipped with Tzul TWRP.

From S000025 trying to update starts with downloading and installing after reboot. Then it starts to encrypt (6 minutes) ,after that it stops in the Bootlogo.

Any ideas? By the way : exposed + xprivacy is OK ...dwnld  exposed installer from Chip de.

Haema

Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,375
Message 55 of 157

@haema wrote:

Update to s 000027  ?

My device TB3 10 Plus ...rooted and equipped with Tzul TWRP.

From S000025 trying to update starts with downloading and installing after reboot. Then it starts to encrypt (6 minutes) ,after that it stops in the Bootlogo.

Any ideas? By the way : exposed + xprivacy is OK ...dwnld  exposed installer from Chip de.

Haema

In my experience updating does not work after having installed TWRP and gained root access. On a 'fresh' tablet, however, updating went smoothly. So try to unroot an run update again.

Guru
Views: 1,366
Message 56 of 157

Installing updates via TWRP can work, if you're doing it right.

One big problem is that Android switched from file-based to block-based updates. With file-based updates, it doesn't matter whether or not you messed around with the system partition. As long as all required files are present and have the expected content, the update will succeed. With block-based updates however, even the disk offset of a file must be original - basically the entire system partition must be untouched. If it isn't, the update will fail.

Another problem is that the "current" firmware version is hardcoded into the recovery (TWRP and stock). So if you have S000026 installed on the system partition, and try to run an incremental update to S000027, but the recovery reports as S000025, then the update most likely will refuse to run due to the version mismatch.

Anyway, as I wrote before, I uploaded the signed S000027 firmware for the TB3-X70F Business a couple of days ago, so you could just flash that.

haema
Punch Card
Views: 1,341
Message 57 of 157

Hallo Tzul

I was trying to flash the S000027 you posted , but it wouldn't flash. It probably would work in the end, but then I had played enough for the moment.

Magisk ,Coderonnie mentioned, worked ,but did give me problems to install exposed framework (zip file not found) and stuttering with the totalcommander ,so I went back to SuperSU, that went well.

It's a great experience for me to go back to your TWRP Tzul and restore ,if it doesn't boot!

I also made a backup of justt the boot and restore partition. That is sometimes sufficient to get the touch to run again and of course quicker.

Haema

frg70
Paper Tape
Views: 1,308
Message 58 of 157

Thanks for all your information on this site Tzul.   I'm just getting started with this and not sure where to find the TWRP.img file to even get started?  I have the TB3-X70F with 32GB storage, wifi only stock TB3-X70F_S000026_170208_ROW build currently.  I found several TWRP.img for models similar to this one via a google search, but don't want to start out on the wrong path from the beginning.

coderonnie
Paper Tape
Views: 1,293
Message 59 of 157

I found them on androidfilehost.com by googling the specific file names mentioned in the beginning of this thread along with "Tzul". You can see on androidfilehost.com who uploaded a file and it should be Tzul.

frg70
Paper Tape
Views: 1,284
Message 60 of 157

Thanks for the tip. I have looked at androidfilehost.com and searching for twrp.img gives me 65 files. Unfortunately, that list doesn't tell me who uploaded the file unless I click on each one. If I only look at twrp.img that should narrow it down and I won't have to click on all 65 files

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors