Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 927
Message 81 of 143

Re: Lenovo TAB3 Business TB3-X70F TWRP down

"And SPFT detects nothing (I'm on Ubuntu laptop)."

I've run SPFT on a Windows computer and it worked fine, no experience with doing it on Linux here...

mmnspeed
Punch Card
Views: 878
Message 82 of 143

Hi.It is heartening to see that thanks to Tzul we finally have TWRP working on our devices.I have a 32GB Tab 3 10 plus which recently got an update out of the blue with a crude implementation of multiwindow by Lenovo.I would like to root my device.Should I flash my device with the business firmware?How has the experience so far been for you guys?Thanks.

Edit:To be honest the multiwindow implementation isn't bad.Only that I can't add more apps.

Apouro
Punch Card
Views: 645
Message 83 of 143

Good friends, I commented that several times I tried to install the Update that the system warns me the TB3-x70F_S000028, it is downloaded and when I accept that it restarts to install it, it restarts in the TRWP recovery and I give it a reboot and restarts but does not install the update .
How do I install it?
I'm sorry if you understand me well I use Google: D

Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 642
Message 84 of 143

Just read my post of 09-29-2017 10:52 AM and Tzul's reply of 09-29-2017 11:24 AM.

Apouro
Punch Card
Views: 611
Message 85 of 143

What will I be doing wrong?
Install S000027 and without installing the update twrp S000028, but I did not let the TWRP intact pq was not compatible, I returned to S000027 and did the steps of the previous time, install with the fastboot twrp, when restart does not start the system, when entering the recovery the internal partition has 0 mb, I installed the Supersu from the Sdcard but today it does not recover anything, it remains always hung.
I already did this same procedure many times and there is no way, I can not install the twrp and it works for me and I want to use S000027

What the TWRP says is

Running OpenRecoveryScript

Data Succesfully decrypted, new block device: '/dev/block/dm-0'

Updating partition details......done

Successfully decrypted with default pasword.

Updating partition details......done

Unable to mount storage

Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)

Full SElinux support is present.

Unable to mount /data/media/TWRP/.twrps

Running Recovery Commands

Formatting Nvdata Using make_ext4fs

Formatting Android Cache [cache] usign make_ext4fs...

Done Processing scrip file

Renamed stock recovery file in /system to prevent the stock ROM from rpelacing TWRP.

Failed to mount '/data' (invalid argument)

For the moment I'm going to install S000027 and then update to S000028 and use it like this without installing the TWRP and without rooting

You already know how to use google to leave the message in English apologies but it is well understood.

Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 576
Message 86 of 143

Yesterday I moved to Magisk instead of the 'normal' SuperSU. Nice that I have root access but also can found Netflix in the Google Play Store :-) That was not available when I used SuperSu.

I also checked how I can do OTA updates again:

This is what I did:

- first I installed "TB3-X70F_S000027_170619_ROW-signed" as provided by Tzul using the SPFlash Tool

- then I unlocked the bootloader via fastboot command "fastboot oem unlock" and rebooted

- then booted into TWRP: "fastboot boot twrp.img" (so just booting, no flashing)

- then I installed Magisk.zip through TWRP

- after booting the tablet, I made a backup of the 'stock recovery S000027' using Flashify

- and if you like you can also flash the TWRP recovery using Flashify

Then for testing if I could do the OTA update to S000028:

- I restored the 'stock recovery S000027' (if you replaced it by TWRP) using Flashify and rebooted

- then I uninstalled Magisk through the "Uninstall" vanuit de Magisk Manager and rebooted
- now I could install the OTA update in a normal way without errors! [N.B. Booting may take 5-10 minutes]

In order to have root access again after the OTA update, I followed the procedure above again BUT MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A NEW BACKUP OF THE STOCK RECOVERY, as Tzul pointed out the version number seems to be hardcoded in the recovery.

So you will need this before installing the next OTA update if you installed TWRP.

Hope this helps!

Apouro
Punch Card
Views: 565
Message 87 of 143

Thanks, I followed the steps of starting and not installing the TWRP and installed the Magisk, then I started (I already had the S000028) and I opened the Magisk, I updated it and I already have the tablet rooted, for the moment only then I'm going to stay. Thanks again.

mmnspeed
Punch Card
Views: 554
Message 88 of 143

Please help me.I had put a question earlier.I have a tab 3 10 plus and not business version,32gb variant.I want to root it.I see some people have sucdessfully flashed business firmware on it.I just want to know are there any potential issues.
Ano1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 533
Message 89 of 143

Weel, who knows whether you have a Plus or Business version?

On my tablet the sticker says "Plus" but when I fill in the serial numner on the Lenovo website it says "Business"....

But what firmware version/build number is reported under Settings/About tablet?
mmnspeed
Punch Card
Views: 530
Message 90 of 143

Thanks for the reply.The build number is:TB3-X70F_S000007_180130_ROW_P.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors