Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heisenberg1975
Paper Tape
Views: 132
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo TB-8704X "amnesia" issues

Hello everybody.

I'm on Android 8.1 (not rooted) and my tablet seems to "forget" various settings.

Tried wiping cache partition, factory reset, but to no avail.

-"Open with" can't register any choice... each time i try to open a link, i'm asked to select browser. It doesn't matter if i select "just once " or "always", next time it asks me again. Changing default browser in settings doesn't make any difference. Also, it gives me an option to open with an unnamed "browser" with a generic icon. When i select this, i get a "Use a login to open" message and nothing happens!

-Nova Launcher (Prime) crashes every time i attempt to get into Notification Badges settings (i've used Nova for many years on various devices and never had a similar issue).

-Facebook: even though i turned the one-tap login option for my accounts, it keeps asking for password every time i try to login (this also never happened with any of my numerous devices in the past or my other current devices).

Anybody else facing similar problems? Any ideas on how to solve these?

Again, tablet is fresh, no hardware issues found with Lenovo's diagnostic tool, not rooted.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 114
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo TB-8704X "amnesia" issues

Off the bat I'd be leery of that "generic browser", which might be a piece of snoopware installed along with something or other else, and could be interfering with the system, such that uninstalling it will solve the problem. On my Tab 4 8 the only preinstalled browser was Chrome. If the weird browser is "invisible" for uninstalling, I've had success identifying and navigating to uninstall using this very nifty utility free in the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denper.addonsdetector&hl=en_CA A full factory reset should have removed everything you installed yourself - the Android System / Reset options / Erase all data menu in my experience is less reliable than the Recovery Mode (shutdown / power & vol+/ Recovery Menu / Reset) which is a real back to Day 1 - which of course wipes all settings and apps and requires care to back up important data and media files first. I'll just mention "Better Open With", a useful app for a delayed choice to pick a default or an alternative, chosen app for various functions - it's one of those things that should be built into Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aboutmycode.betteropenwith&hl=en_CA

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
Heisenberg1975
Paper Tape
Views: 110
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo TB-8704X "amnesia" issues

I DID reset the tablet through Recovery Mode.
I've already tried the "Better Open With" app, nothing changed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors