Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PugBacon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 277
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo TB-X304F severe battery drain.

Hello community 

Just bought the mentioned tablet about 2 weeks ago. Since the oreo update the battery had been draining over a two day period even with minimal usage. Done a factory reset via the OS and recovery. I realized that WiFi being on is the cause of this issue. There is no option to turn off WiFi when the screen isn't on like in Android N. Is there a work around for this? 

Thanks

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 227
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo TB-X304F severe battery drain.

Your model has similar specs to my Tab4 8, apart from screen size.  I'd suggest letting your tablet run down to recharge level, look at Settings / Battery / upper three dots to display the System drain.  Oreo improved some things but didn't affect battery life versus Nougat, one way or the other.  Wifi isn't a major factor on mine.  The screen is always the big one, rarely even shows up.  But there are also some third party apps that are amazing background resource hogs, forcing wifi along with other demands on the system.

I install Greenify to hibernate most other apps on screen off, and set that to 15 seconds - a Keep Screen app (there are several) selectively override nuisance screen dimming for launched apps that you want to stay lit.

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
PugBacon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 202
Message 3 of 4

These apps did not help. Any way to revert back to Android N?
I2k4
802.11n
Views: 197
Message 4 of 4

There have been other requests / threads about reverting to Nougat in this forum, not in my playbook.

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors