Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PugBacon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 861
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo TB-X304F severe battery drain.

Hello community 

Just bought the mentioned tablet about 2 weeks ago. Since the oreo update the battery had been draining over a two day period even with minimal usage. Done a factory reset via the OS and recovery. I realized that WiFi being on is the cause of this issue. There is no option to turn off WiFi when the screen isn't on like in Android N. Is there a work around for this? 

Thanks

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 808
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo TB-X304F severe battery drain.

Your model has similar specs to my Tab4 8, apart from screen size.  I'd suggest letting your tablet run down to recharge level, look at Settings / Battery / upper three dots to display the System drain.  Oreo improved some things but didn't affect battery life versus Nougat, one way or the other.  Wifi isn't a major factor on mine.  The screen is always the big one, rarely even shows up.  But there are also some third party apps that are amazing background resource hogs, forcing wifi along with other demands on the system.

I install Greenify to hibernate most other apps on screen off, and set that to 15 seconds - a Keep Screen app (there are several) selectively override nuisance screen dimming for launched apps that you want to stay lit.

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
PugBacon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 783
Message 3 of 6

These apps did not help. Any way to revert back to Android N?
I2k4
802.11n
Views: 778
Message 4 of 6

There have been other requests / threads about reverting to Nougat in this forum, not in my playbook.

SachKM
Paper Tape
Views: 108
Message 5 of 6

Hi there...

Same problem is being faced by me. after update of Lenovo tab battery keep on draining and tab battery gets dead in 2 days without any usage. Before, tab has long standby time now all is doomed any solution for the problem.

i tried to post it on community but i dont know how to post the same.

anyone can help me.

Thanks and regards...

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 80
Message 6 of 6

Hi, Sorry I can't add to suggestions to the original poster:  first let the tablet run down and check Settings / Battery / (three dots upper right) Show Full Device Usage and look at apps or system components are draining it.  The O Poster didn't say anything about that, so I can't say.  My wifi is on whenever the tablet is awake, but I control it as I said above and no problem after 15 months ownership and a year of Oreo. 

I'll throw in that I always do a Recovery Mode / System Cache Wipe after any major system upgrade or update - it clears leftover junk and temp files from the earlier Android that can conflict with the new system, and will not normally change any settings or affect any data or installed apps:

Back up any important data, to be safe.

Power off - Full Shut Down

Simultaneously press volume up / power on - release when the Lenovo symbol appears onscreen.

Soon a menu appears - use volume button to navigate down to "Wipe Cache Partition"

Select it with Power button and toggle - highlight turns green

A confirmation dialog warns it can't be undone - confirm doing it.

navigate back to "Reboot System Now" and do that.

Maybe someone else has a fix for you. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors