10-23-2018

US

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Tab 10 (TB-X103F) Latest Update Bricked Tablet

2018-10-23, 1:26 AM

I bough my tablet maybe 6 months ago, had always been rather slow considering its low ram and CPU but I delt with it as normal function. I used it lightly, charged it appropriately and kept it in good working condition apart from its poor performance. Hoping to solve the performance issue on both mine and my mothers tablet (same model, bought 1 week before mine) I attempted the latest update. It rebooted to the recovery screen as expected, said the update was done and rebooted but never booted past the Lenovo screen. After 20+ attempts to restart the tablet hoping it would boot normally, waiting upwards of 20 min several times, I tried to enter the recovery menu which took a dozen tries before it worked. I initially tried to clear cache as it worked on my old Galaxy Tab 7, but didnt work, still bricked. Back into recovery mode I settled for Factory Reset, after another 2 rests it worked but I am at a loss why an update was released which bricks tablets. 

Options

1 Posts

04-09-2017

CA

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Tab 10 (TB-X103F) Latest Update Bricked Tablet

2018-12-06, 3:01 AM

I've had this trouble booting up since I bought this tablet. I can't believe Lenovo willingly puts its name on this machine. I can never turn it off because it takes a half hour at least to boot up. I will NEVER throw my money away on a Lenovo product again.

Options

4 Posts

12-02-2018

HK

12 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 3 of 5

2018-12-06, 7:08 AM
Lots of us using Tab 8 Plus are having the same issue - unable to start again after update to Oreo. I took mine (under warranty) back to Lenovo and they had its firmware re-installed. As yours is only 6 months old, maybe you can pay a visit to Lenovo
Options

2 Posts

09-05-2019

US

2 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-09-05, 10:51 AM

First thing to do is .1 turn off your tablet. 2 press power and volume up scroll to delete cache folder. 3 open settings go to ( sound ) scroll down to ( other sounds ) an untick everything thats tick. 4 go to ( languages & input ) click on ( physical keyboard ) an untick everything thats tick. 5 go to developers options an scroll down till you find ( window animation scale ) turn off all three of them. That will make you Lenovo or any tablet or phone faster. The other option is to install a custom rom like i did. a custom rom and all these tweaks will make your tablet much faster. 

Options

2 Posts

09-05-2019

US

2 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-09-05, 10:52 AM

First thing to do is .1 turn off your tablet. 2 press power and volume up scroll to delete cache folder. 3 open settings go to ( sound ) scroll down to ( other sounds ) an untick everything thats tick. 4 go to ( languages & input ) click on ( physical keyboard ) an untick everything thats tick. 5 go to developers options an scroll down till you find ( window animation scale ) turn off all three of them. That will make you Lenovo or any tablet or phone faster. The other option is to install a custom rom like i did. a custom rom and all these tweaks will make your tablet much faster. Check this link for a custom rom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save