Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsLenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

10-11-2017

United States of America

12 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 fast battery drain

2017-10-11, 19:52 PM

Sorry if this is redundant, but I can't find an answer while searching this forum for my particular tablet so I have to ask. Is there a reason my tab 2 would start losing battery power drastically. I used to just leave it in sleep mode and the battery hardly drained. In the last few weeks if I leave it in sleep mode it will drain overnight and while I'm using it for reading a book, playing a game or doing anything it drains in as little as 4 hours. I have also noticed while charging it gets very hot. When I turn it on it also gets very hot. In sleep mode it gets very hot. The heat radiates close to the charging port. I'm not sure where the CPU chip inside is, so I don't know if that is causing the heat while it's on. I  thought maybe for some reason the processor is being used full blast even in sleep mode? I tried a battery app that says my battery is good. I did reset the Tab 2 hoping that might fix it. It didn't, but it setup android 6 on it. My Tab 2 came with lollipop installed.  Anyways, I'm  at a loss as to what to do and I figured it couldn't hurt to ask the people here if there is a fix before I buy a new tablet. The warranty ran out last month 9/15/17... The only thing I can think of that might have changed at the same time this problem started is I took out the microsd card to put in my phone, because I never used it in my tab 2.

Edit - I thought I took out the microsd card. Well I did, but I put it back in. Now though the slot and the plastic are warped at that spot. The sd card looks brown in a spot like a slow burn. Not sure what happened. I have done another factory reset and the very hot spot I talked about above is now cool. My battery seems to be a bit better. It might be damaged some from the heat, but it's better.

Thanks to anyone who wasted time reading this. I'm not sure  if I can delete this post, but if you are a mod feel free to...

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 fast battery drain

2017-10-16, 3:48 AM

Hello SeVen_s

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

If what you are saying is true, and there was an overheating problem that got to the point where the plastic actually melted together, I would advise that you do not use the unit any further, you keep it away from any other electronics, make sure it is turned off and not on charge and get in touch with your local Lenovo support line as soon as you can, as overheating issue can be a serious issue.

Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

1 Posts

12-08-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-12-08, 18:35 PM

I am experiencing the same issue. Did you find out what was causing the problem? Here is the part which is getting hot. Do you know what this is?

Options

1 Posts

01-24-2018

Bulgaria

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-01-24, 11:48 AM

Under the metal plate is located the charging/power IC BQ24296M which is heating. It is very sensitive to the temperature. Now I am repairing one Tab2 A10-70 which started heating and after some time stopped working at all. After some research I find out that this IC has gone. Replaced with BQ24296 (without M) and now the tab 2 is again working.

Options

1 Posts

09-09-2020

Italy

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 fast battery drain

2020-09-09, 7:10 AM

Hi, I have the same problem: can you briefly explain to me how to replace this IC? I have some practice in electronics, but this I never did. Is a hot flux or similar necessary? Thanks for the help, Mario

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms