cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrMagic
Paper Tape
Views: 6,915
Message 31 of 95

Re: Lenovo Tab 4 10 plus Android 8.1 update?

@Bugbatter@Bugbatter wrote:

There is a Lenovo presence here who deal with some of the broader issues, but unfortunately because of the number of queries there is no guarantee you will receive a direct response.

Can you please let the "Lenovo presence" on this forum know about this issue and have them give us an official response?

I think the fact that Lenovo is not updating their flagship tablet to Android Oreo (or Pie preferably!) qualifies as a "broader issue" considering the number of complaints about it posted on this forum.

We at least deserve an EXPLANATION as to why the update is not coming for the Tab 4 10 Plus, while the cheaper models in the series do get the update. Is there a technical reason or is it something else? And no, it's not enough to state that "the tablet has had several OTA updates since it's release in February 2017", because:

1. The tablet has only been actually available since the summer of 2017

2. The OTA updates did nothing more than update the security level and for some people break the 5 GHz WiFi

3. Android Oreo was released by Google in August 2017

Thank you!

apotsi
SCSI Port
Views: 6,859
Message 32 of 95

Well said, Sir !!!!
Highlighted
Gollymann
What's DOS?
Views: 6,542
Message 33 of 95

First Time Lenovo = Last Time Lenovo

Shame on you!!!

I bought 2 Lenovo Tablets M4 10 Plus Tablets for me and my wive. 

In a few Month we will plan to renew our Notebooks, because they are around 5 years old now. 

Lenovo, I hope you are not surprised to hear, that we do not buy any Lenovo devices anylonger.

Gophersport
Paper Tape
Views: 6,532
Message 34 of 95

If the Tab 4 10 Plus was released in 2017 and Oreo was released in 2017, how can Lenovo justify not at least giving its customers this update?

I really hope Lenovo reconsiders its position. I would love to recommend this tablet. It's a good device but I just can't if this is how Lenovo treats its customers.
JorgeOaz
Punch Card
Views: 6,298
Message 35 of 95

Beware, you might get banned for saying those things... I have already been banned for warning people not to buy this tablet, and for a very good reason!! Whats the point in buying a 400 euro tablet, with little over than a year on the market, thats stuck on Android 7.1 and wont receive any more updates? Just buy a Huawei for 150 and you will be way better server!

Vasiliss
What's DOS?
Views: 5,824
Message 36 of 95

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with Lenovo... I was looking forward for the update. I read somewhere that they wontw update this lovely tablet because they "didn't make enough money out of it".

Pathetic.

troovis
Paper Tape
Views: 5,807
Message 37 of 95

You wanna know what really chaps my rear end? This.

https://phandroid.com/2019/01/08/the-new-lenovo-smart-tabs-double-as-android-tablets-and-alexa-smart...

Look at the specs of that Smart Tab P10. It's practically the same tablet at the Tab 4 10 Plus, and it has Oreo. The differences between the SD 625 that the Tab 4 10 Plus has and the SD 450 that the ST P10 has is negligable. It even looks the same! And yet we don't get an update just because. It's shameful.

texasso
Paper Tape
Views: 5,733
Message 38 of 95

I have start to think about one more solution tu us guys. Cause in UK there's organisation called Advertising Standards Authority  which keep an eye on adverts to have cover in reality ,so I think i should report Lenovo(Motorola) as company which has ADVERTISING wrong his Tab4 10 plus saying ,when this tablet was launched, that he will get Oreo update.

apotsi
SCSI Port
Views: 5,726
Message 39 of 95

How can you prove that they advertised that ?
Daglers
What's DOS?
Views: 4,464
Message 40 of 95

Great so my wifi got completely broken about half year ago because of some update. Was hoping for Oreo to fix this but now its not coming? Are you serious? Hopefully I can get refund because I'm not gonna bother with tablet that breaks wifi connection every 20 minutes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors