12-06-2018 06:19 AM
12-06-2018 11:06 AM - edited 12-06-2018 11:20 AM
Does this work for the TB-8704F as well or does somebody had another file to share. THANKS
Here is what works fro me:
1. I have 8704X and Windows 7 (never installed any android drivers)
2. download QFIL image from here: http://lenovo-forums.ru/files/file/1804-lenovo-tab4-a8-plus-proshivka-tb-8704x_s000026_170707_row_qf... and extract it with password: lenovo-forums.ru
3. install both drivers from Drivers folder
4. download QPST here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cg23hy3r2cfypf2/QPST_2.7.472.4.7z and extract it and install it
5. restart your computer
6. turn off your tablet (long press power button)
7. hold volume up and connect tablet to usb port of your computer (mine was usb2) - display is dark and red led blinks make shure that you see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in your device manager
8. start QFIL
8.1. select Flat Build
8.2. for Proframmer Path navigate to prog_emmc_firehose_8953_ddr.mbn (\TB-8704X_S000026_170707_ROW_QFIL\Images\)
8.3. load xml for RawProgram: rawprogram0.xml and for Patch: patch0.xml also in \TB-8704X_S000026_170707_ROW_QFIL\Images\
8.4. Select Port: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (com "number")
8.5. press Download and wait till you see Finished in status window
9. disconnect tablet and long press power button
10. it should restart
11. update to latest nugat version and avoid Oreo update for now
Not work for me. I donwload "TB-8704F_S000024_170706_ROW_QFIL" and I follow steps and nothing. I trying contact the Lenovo support service but it say my S/N is not correct... then I can't contact with they. I very angry, I want refund my money...
12-06-2018 05:58 PM
My update seemed to go OK but now all the Office and pdf files on my micro SD card show as 0 b with the date 01/01/2017 and won't open. They're fine on my desktop. The UK Lenovo site won't recognise my serial number so I can't get to the support. I bought the tablet in the UK but, because I'm in Australia, there's a time difference so I can't phone or do a chat until later. Lenovo issued the update so they should be responsible for sorting it out.
12-07-2018 08:50 AM - edited 12-07-2018 08:56 AM
I read somewhere the 8704V model only has 2gb of ram. If that's true, you should be thankful you are not getting the Oreo update. Oreo is ram hungry. It would turn your tablet into a snail, IMO.
I'd have to disagree about Oreo versus Nougat for performance and resource requirements. I've done the upgrade and O/8.1 is performing as well or better than N/7.1.1 did, and actually solved a network recognition problem with OverDrive (public library) reading app that had been an open support ticket puzzling the developers. (The long pre-upgrade Lenovo note refers to "network compatibility" fixes among other things, and OverDrive 3.7.7 now works.)
Reading the Settings / Storage / Internal / System (a new interface) Oreo is reported as occupying 5.3GB where Nougat was always reported just below 7GB. That's consistent with my expectations from general googling about changes to Oreo - if they'd been worrisome I wouldn't have done it. It's the first upgrade I can recall that's marginally reduced Android, which has been growing and eating resources like Giant Haystacks since Gingerbread.