12-02-2018 02:01 PM
I'm also with start problems after Oreo update
I'm trying contact via Facebook with Lenovo, they answered me, but until now, no solution.
I already tried Wipe Cache, Wipe Data, but none of then worked for me
I'll keep waiting Lenovo for a solution.
12-02-2018 02:20 PM - last edited on 12-03-2018 04:42 AM by topmahof
Got my update this afternoon and after reboot, mine is the same as others stuck at the splash screen, tried the factory reset but nothing works. Called them, and they asked me to go to bestbuy instead. Rest assure, I will never ever buy anything from Lenovo ever again ...
Mod edit: Removed comment that was against Community Guidelines.
12-02-2018 02:48 PM
Here is what works fro me:
1. I have 8704X and Windows 7 (never installed any android drivers)
2. download QFIL image from here: http://lenovo-forums.ru/files/file/1804-lenovo-tab4-a8-plus-proshivka-tb-8704x_s000026_170707_row_qf... and extract it with password: lenovo-forums.ru
3. install both drivers from Drivers folder
4. download QPST here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cg23hy3r2cfypf2/QPST_2.7.472.4.7z and extract it and install it
5. restart your computer
6. turn off your tablet (long press power button)
7. hold volume up and connect tablet to usb port of your computer (mine was usb2) - display is dark and red led blinks make shure that you see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in your device manager
8. start QFIL
8.1. select Flat Build
8.2. for Proframmer Path navigate to prog_emmc_firehose_8953_ddr.mbn (\TB-8704X_S000026_170707_ROW_QFIL\Images\)
8.3. load xml for RawProgram: rawprogram0.xml and for Patch: patch0.xml also in \TB-8704X_S000026_170707_ROW_QFIL\Images\
8.4. Select Port: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (com "number")
8.5. press Download and wait till you see Finished in status window
9. disconnect tablet and long press power button
10. it should restart
11. update to latest nugat version and avoid Oreo update for now
12-02-2018 03:21 PM
Yes, I have a memory card problem after the update. I haven't looked into it thoroughly yet but VLC won't play movies from the memory card - shows an error Strangely though, other media players do play files OK. Will look into it some more ..