Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vm214
Paper Tape
Views: 222
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Tab M10 Google Play Books Not Working after Latest System Update

I purchased a Lenovo M10 tablet last week Saturday (8/31/19).  Installed the Google Play Books app that day and everything was working fine.  On Tuesday (9/3/19) I was prompted to install latest system version update (version #TB-X505F_S001030_190621_ROW).  After installing this update, books do not open on the tablet.  The system displays the "spinning wheel" for over 10 minutes before crashing.  I have unintalled and reinstalled the Play Books app, cleared the app cache and data storage (per Google's help suggestion), as well as removing and re-downloading the books and this still does not solve the issue.  I have tried with mutiple books and the same thing happens with all.  These books are visible/readable on my other Android apps.

Any suggestions?

Guru
Views: 149
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Tab M10 Google Play Books Not Working after Latest System Update

@vm214 wrote:

I purchased a Lenovo M10 tablet last week Saturday (8/31/19).  Installed the Google Play Books app that day and everything was working fine.  On Tuesday (9/3/19) I was prompted to install latest system version update (version #TB-X505F_S001030_190621_ROW).  After installing this update, books do not open on the tablet.  The system displays the "spinning wheel" for over 10 minutes before crashing.  I have unintalled and reinstalled the Play Books app, cleared the app cache and data storage (per Google's help suggestion), as well as removing and re-downloading the books and this still does not solve the issue.  I have tried with mutiple books and the same thing happens with all.  These books are visible/readable on my other Android apps.

Any suggestions?

Hey,

Do you still face this issue? Because Google Books network was down for a while last week.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

Highlighted
vm214
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I still have the issue.  I can purchase books from Google Play Books, review information about the book in the Play Store, and download previously purchased books to the tablet, but I cannot open them to read at all.  I have tried daily since posting the original question and the same issue persists.  Trying to read the book results in the system "wheel" spinning and never opening.  I can open the exact same books on my phone (Galaxy 9, Android 9 version).

dinojc
What's DOS?
Views: 35
Message 4 of 4

Really hope Lenovo fixes this soon, the whole reason I bought this tablet was to read books I bought on google play a while back.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors