Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NebraskaDude
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 846
Message 1 of 16

P10 Ghosting Issues on screen

My P10 Smart Tab screen has ghosting issues ... lateral lines across the screen wherever there are icons, widgets or any words/numbers. They also show on any image with bright blue, like sky. I have adjusted brightness but they still appear even when it is very low. Adaptive brightness doesn't help. 

Has anyone else had this issue?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 710
Message 2 of 16

Re: P10 Ghosting Issues on screen

Hi NebraskaDude! We can't seem to see on our end the lines that you were referring base on the picture. Have you tried resetting it to factory defaults? If the issue still persist after that, the issue is more likely a hardware issue on the LCD.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

sifusam
Paper Tape
Views: 676
Message 3 of 16

I just picked up this item today and have had a the same issue. The  problem appears then goes away. This has happened a few times. Seems like the LCD panel is defective. I'll be contacting Lenovo support for a replacement or may just return the item if the process is more than I'm willing to do.

Highlighted
sifusam
Paper Tape
Views: 675
Message 4 of 16

A screenshot wouldn't capture the issue if it's hardware related.

NebraskaDude
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 642
Message 5 of 16

I'm attaching another pic (rather than screen shot) of the issue and hopefully it is more apparent. It is difficult to capture because the pic or screen shot really doesn't capture the issue, as "sifusam" noted in his post. It is much more evident in person. 

sifusam
Paper Tape
Views: 632
Message 6 of 16

Yeah, that is almost exactly what my tablet looked like when first unboxed and a few times after. All looks good now, but am worried it is a sporadic hardware problem.

AmandaB262
What's DOS?
Views: 547
Message 7 of 16

I have had this tablet for 4 months and I am now having the same problem. I did a factory reset and that did not help.  I am looking for help on how to fix the issue.

Rlowery
Paper Tape
Views: 476
Message 8 of 16

I'm having the same problem. It took a few months before it started happening and it wasn't that noticable at first but gradually got worse. Now it is severe and to the point my tablet is almost unusable. I bought my tablet at Best Buy and will reach out to them for help. If anyone from Lenovo monitors this forum please chime in on how we should handle this situation.

sifusam
Paper Tape
Views: 430
Message 9 of 16

For what I paid for it, given that I had issues within hours of unboxing, I opted to return it. It's on its way back to the seller for a refund.

NebraskaDude
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 413
Message 10 of 16

I posted this separately, but thought I'd add it on to your response in hopes that you'll see it and hopefully reply. Thanks!

I'm attaching another pic (rather than screen shot) of the issue and hopefully it is more apparent. It is difficult to capture because the pic or screen shot really doesn't capture the issue, as "sifusam" noted in his post. It is much more evident in person. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors