Message 11 of 16

Re: P10 Ghosting Issues on screen

Any idea on how to fix this? It's happening to me too. LENOVO SUCKS

Fuzzytek
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 12 of 16

I'm having vertical ghosting issues on my Flex 5-1570 in the same way. It started showing up right at the 1 year anniversary of purchase too. Not happy when products fail right as their warranty period expires. I've gone through too many computers over 35 years, several brands I'll never buy again.

Highlighted
Rlowery
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 13 of 16

Providing an update...I had to send my P10 plus the dock and power adapter back to Lenovo for warranty repair. They've had it for a month and keep telling me they are waiting on a new display. I tried to get them to just send a new tablet but no luck. I'll post a new update after I get it back whenever that is....

I've bought several Lenovo PC's and Laptops in the past and they still work great, but this problem or rather the way it's been handled will affect future purchases. 

NebraskaDude
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 207
Message 14 of 16

Rlowery … This is one of the reasons that I've not sent mine in for "repair" … I'm just not up for the time, effort, expense and stress that it entails. Great disappointment on Lenovo's lack of follow through
Rlowery
Paper Tape
Views: 151
Message 15 of 16

New update ...they still have my P10 and after I told them they need to send me a new one or a refund they said the part was in and the repair is expedited and would be shipped to me right away. I just checked the status online and it says they are still waiting on the part and it will be another month before they will fix it. Anyone that's having ghosting issues needs to know the display is bad and since that's a hardware problem you will have to send it in to get it repaired. 

Fuzzytek
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 16 of 16

I'm suspecting one of the contributors that I'm experiencing is the extreme heat that is built up when the machine is plugged in and operating for long periods. The heat pattern runs about 1/3 across the back (where the battery is and about 3" from back to front. The heat can reach a level that I can only touch for a few seconds. I put the laptop on a base, so more air could get beneath it, but that doesn't seem to have helped. I've also had the wifi adapter get glitchy as well, having to hit troubleshoot to reset the adapter to pickup existing wifi signal.

Ghosting is slowly getting worse... seeing it deteriorate each month. I'm online and plugged in 8-15 hours daily. I should also note the ghosting I'm seeing is vertical (up-down) rather than lateral (side-side). Mostly experienced on the right side of the screen and when the screen is black there's a red cloud in the center.

Note: My Flex 5-1507 is a refurbished machine. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors