Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dk6ii
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 1 of 3

P10 (oreo) drops wifi when no internet is available

Hi folks,

my P10 under Oreo (Anroid 8.1) drops the WiFi connection to any net, where no internet is available. With TAB A7 under Android 7 it worked perfectly well.

It is NOT an RF problem, the connection comes on at first, the P1 gets a local IP from DHCP, even some data is exchanged, but after a few seconds, it drops the WiFi connection reproducely. It seems, this is a "desired behaviour" that the tablet is doing a check, if a real internet connection is available (which is not within my network)

In TAB 7, the tablet complains, too, about the missing internet connection, however I ca confirm with a checkbox and that's it...

Any idea how to solve this nasty issue on the P10?

Tnx for any valid response

Guru
Views: 165
Message 2 of 3

Re: P10 (oreo) drops wifi when no internet is available

@dk6ii wrote:

Hi folks,

my P10 under Oreo (Anroid 8.1) drops the WiFi connection to any net, where no internet is available. With TAB A7 under Android 7 it worked perfectly well.

It is NOT an RF problem, the connection comes on at first, the P1 gets a local IP from DHCP, even some data is exchanged, but after a few seconds, it drops the WiFi connection reproducely. It seems, this is a "desired behaviour" that the tablet is doing a check, if a real internet connection is available (which is not within my network)

In TAB 7, the tablet complains, too, about the missing internet connection, however I ca confirm with a checkbox and that's it...

Any idea how to solve this nasty issue on the P10?

Tnx for any valid response

Hey,

Are you saying the device disconnects from the wifi when it doesn't have an internet connection?

I connect my p10 to networks without an internet connection to control my smart devices and everything seems fine. Maybe the device disconnects from wifi when it is not being used to save power. I am running android P, don't know if the issue is specific to oreo. Will check once more and confirm 

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

dk6ii
Paper Tape
Views: 98
Message 3 of 3

Re: P10 (oreo) drops wifi when no internet is available

Hi Amal,

sorry to be late, however I just returned from a business trip.

Unfortunately no! My P10 still shows this nasty behaviour.

We bought a bunch of TAB 7" with Android 7 before, which all work fine! We use them - probably like you - as operator terminals for smart controllers.

The P10 uses Android 8.1.0.

When the internet-less WiFi is detected on the TAB 7 , the device shows an "option window", where you can confirm, you want to use this network, even there is no internet.

The P10, however doesn't show such an option. So you can't use the device properly w/o a live internet connection. Very sad! Very nasty - and unuseable for local operation.

Probably, this version (or the LENOVO implementation) of 8.1 is buggy...

Which operating system version are you using.

Best regards

Erich

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors