Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lwc34746
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,101
Message 661 of 710

Re: [ROM][ICS]Ideapad K1 Official Release

Hi,

As usual, I'm a bit late to this party. I have a stock K1, and would like to upgrade at least to ICS, JellyBean if possible.

In looking over the previous posts, I'm confused as to where to get the files, and how to go about it. I'm not a pc noob, but I know little about tablet architecture.   Can anyone offer some advice? 

aleafonthewind
Token Ring
Views: 2,025
Message 662 of 710

Normally I'd tell you to read the thread, but seeing as it's 67 pages long...

I uploaded this video some time ago, it walks you through everything from drivers to ROMS to flashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXOsesXv04U

slgl
Punch Card
Views: 1,700
Message 663 of 710

Hey! I dont know if someone uses this thread anymore, but i'd like you (someone) to look this website http://www.onskreen.com/cornerstone/index.php and try to develop this for k1. I'm using CM10.
Thanks!
aleafonthewind
Token Ring
Views: 1,696
Message 664 of 710

Go ask XDA, they might be able to help you. I doubt you're going to find the expertise you need here.

Josue1020
Paper Tape
Views: 1,639
Message 665 of 710

Hi, I also have the Ideapad K1 stock and I'm pretty much a N00B when it comes to flashing ROMS but I'm really getting tired of how slow mine performs. Everytime I watch a video on youtube or on another website it takes so long to load and even after the video loads I cant even watch the entire video without it stopping to load some more? Also there is so much lag on the home screen because of the apps that I have but I know other tablets that can handle a ton of apps perfectly fine. I realized that all of this has to be because my K1 is running on Android HC 3.1 but to get to the point I'm beyond ready to flash to ICS, JB or anything that works at 100%. I really dont know which one will work, but I would really appreciate it if someone would reply to me with a link that provides an official complete rom that has no bugs, provides the google store and will work as if I bought a new tablet with ICS or JB installed. Thanks

aleafonthewind
Token Ring
Views: 1,629
Message 666 of 710

You might try reading three posts up. Seriously.
mclandytm
WWAN
Views: 1,618
Message 667 of 710

I might comment as well that if anyone is looking for a K1 upgrade to ICS or JB that is bug-free, complete, fully supported, safe, and simple to install --- sorry, it doesn't exist.  For those who are a little more adventurous, there are options to try, and I would consider them to be "better" overall than the stock HC from Lenovo.  That is, the positive benefits outweigh the minor bugs and limitations.  But I would not advise the upgrades for anyone who is expecting a process on the order of Lenovo OTA updates, or who is not willing to do some careful perusing of the forums (here and on XDA) to make sure they understand what they're getting, and are aware of known issues.  Do your homework, and your K1 can become a pretty fast, responsive, up-to-date tablet, but don't be upset if things don't always go smoothly.

VA3QX
Punch Card
Views: 1,615
Message 668 of 710

Amen! I have done several K1 upgrades and now have the JB upgrade by K Hanning. Except for a few minor glitches, it works like a charm. I now have to make my donation.
Herman
Josue1020
Paper Tape
Views: 1,605
Message 669 of 710

Thanks @ aleafonthewind I didn't really bother to read any posts at all not even on this last page because like you previously stated the forum is 67 pages long so I just got straight to my point instead of looking around to see if I could find the answer to my question. But as I can see I should've atleast skimmed through a few posts because the one you posted before prety much answered my question. It really helped a lot and I appreciate you taking the time to reply back. Thanks 

Josue1020
Paper Tape
Views: 1,595
Message 670 of 710

Hey again, I just tried to flash the ICS ROM but as I got to the Device Manager/Update Driver Software - APX part, I encountered a problem, it says ;

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices

The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the suport

section for driver software."

IS there something that I did wrong or is it my tablet ? What should I do to fix this problem and get ICS or JB running on my tablet ? I looked through the "Update Device Software for Ideapad K1" ; forum but I didn't find anything that helped. I'd appreciate some more advie or a fix for this. Thanks Again

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors