Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jackyqq
What's DOS?
Views: 14,688
Message 1 of 34

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4) Vanilla

Can you please show how to have Google Play installed? Without it, the tablet becomes useless...

sun4all
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,311
Message 8 of 34

@bogdanb78

Thanks again for your time.

I got it. Instead of 3-button power up, I just do a normal power button - power up. After that the flash_oldsbk.bat just works! On ICS now. 

Smiley Very Happy

krustybaguette
SCSI Port
Views: 13,353
Message 7 of 34

@everyone

Lenovo is providing a basic non-customized, region-independent release of Android 4.03 aka Ice Cream Sandwich for customers who wish to install this OS on their IdeaPad K1 Tablet systems.

This release differs from the factory-installed Honeycomb 3.1 release and subsequent OTA (Over The Air) updates to Honeycomb 3.2, and itdoes not include Lenovo customizations such as the launcher, pre-installed Apps or an App store, nor the underlying framework.  

Installation of this release will erase ALL data on the system including all factory Apps as well as any customer installed applications, music, pictures, etc.

This release is generally not recommended for the casual or mainstream user who is unfamiliar with the Android OS and customizing it. The source code, which may be of additional value to the developer community, will be made available shortly. Further OTA updates are not planned for this release.

Based on the above, and having read through all 9 pages in the associated Lenovo "Forum" messages, I can only state that neither this release, nor either of the improved versions produced by Khanning, should not be installed UNTIL YOU READ ALL THE COMMENTS**. Recommend reading both the Lenovo Forum and the XDA Developers forums. There is a lot of information presented, much of it quite good, but more than a little that is either misleading, incomplete, or just plain wrong. In fact, as more information comes in I am waiting until I have a more complete picture of what will work best and leave me with a fully functional K-1 with ICS, PlayStore, and Google Apps. Since the K-1 with Gingerbread serves as my "on the road" device and largely is satisfactory I can afford to wait until users have worked the bugs out of the installation/flashing procedure. For those two to three days a week that I'm on the road I don't want or need to lug my laptop along.

Kudos to Khanning and other who've made this update possible. Kudos to contributors who continue to improve it.

** experts excepted

Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
bogdanb78
What's DOS?
Views: 13,367
Message 6 of 34

@sun4all

Actually, what I also did - not sure if it helps or not, I used the utility USBDeview - link: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html and uninstalled all Android related usb drviers... Then I did the steps described in my previous post...

Give it a shot - maybe you are lucky... beyond that - no more ideas here.

GL

sun4all
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,695
Message 5 of 34

@bogdanb78

Thanks for the info. It was a clean driver installation using Lenovo usbpcdriver files. 

Anyway I uninstall the driver and re-install the driver. Same. Stop at "Formatting partition 12 UDA please wait.. done!"

bogdanb78
What's DOS?
Views: 13,773
Message 4 of 34

@sun4all.

Hi - I had the exact same issue. In my case it was due to the apx driver - you should use the ones provided here... I had older apx driver already installed from a while ago when owning a different tablet.

What I did: with the K1 in recovery mode connected to PC, I opened device manager on PC and removed NVidia Boot and Recovery Usb drive or something like that, turned off the K1 and restarted in recovery mode... Then PC prompted me for APX driver and I selected the location as the usbpcdriver folder Lenovo provided. Driver was installed and then the flash worked perfectly.

Hope this helps!

sun4all
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,936
Message 3 of 34

Hi Mark,

the flash_oldsbk stopped at "Formatting partition 12 UDA please wait.. done!". Any suggestion? Thanks.

nvflash.exe --blob blob_old.bin --bct flash_encrypt_old.bct --setbct --odmdata 0x300c0011 --configfile flash.cfg --create --bl bootloader_encrypt_old.bin --go
Nvflash v1.8.90246 started
Using blob v1.1.57813ation=秿鰪笌
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 4
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x0428914441415617
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: true
dk burned: true
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 4
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

sending file: flash_encrypt_old.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
flash_encrypt_old.bct sent successfully
odm data: 0x300c0011
downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
sending file: bootloader_encrypt_old.bin
\ 1393296/1393296 bytes sent
bootloader_encrypt_old.bin sent successfully
waiting for bootloader to initialize
bootloader downloaded successfully
setting device: 2 3
creating partition: BCT
creating partition: PT
creating partition: EBT
creating partition: GP1
creating partition: SOS
creating partition: LNX
creating partition: APP
creating partition: CAC
creating partition: MSC
creating partition: USP
creating partition: UDA
creating partition: TMP
creating partition: GPT
Formatting partition 2 BCT please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 3 PT please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 4 EBT please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 5 GP1 please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 6 SOS please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 7 LNX please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 8 APP please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 9 CAC please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 10 MSC please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 11 USP please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 12 UDA please wait.. done!

jackyqq
What's DOS?
Views: 14,549
Message 2 of 34

I was able to install the latest google play apk, but after install the app will not open... any ideas?

zhenboling
Punch Card
Views: 11,043
Message 9 of 34

Lenovo, give us back Google Play!

Although some regions restrict the use of Google Services, it is thoroughly unfair to sacrifice the American users' accessibility to Google Play.

Some of us bought a K1 because it was claimed to be upgraded to ICS. We were not expecting a Gapps-forbidding ICS.

We should not have been doomed to be envious of the owners of ASUS Transformer or Motorola Xoom.

So, Mark, could you please convey our sounds to Lenovo to have it reconsider to distribute a Google Service integrated version of ROM?

Thanks.

bammaster
Punch Card
Views: 11,035
Message 10 of 34

Re: Lenovo, give us back Google Play!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors