Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PercyVeer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,038
Message 1 of 6

Screen Overlay Detected Message on Lenovo Tablet TB-X103F

I am new to the forums having just recently bought a Lenovo Tablet model TB-X103F which has Android 6.0.1

My previous Hudl 2 tablet which went kaput was Android 5.1.1, so I am only just learning about the 6.0.1 differences.

When trying to grant permissions to an app I received the Screen Overlay Detected message and before I could go further I had to turn off all the Draw Over Other Apps permissions for all the apps which were set to YES.

Is this a design feature or is it a bug in the 6.0.1 software?  if it is a design feature what does it achieve or protect? Any advice will be appreciated please.

Guru
Views: 1,023
Message 2 of 6

Re: Screen Overlay Detected Message on Lenovo Tablet TB-X103F

As this is an Android OS question, & likely no one in this user to user forum is part of Android OS development I'd be surprised that anyone could answer your question. For Android OS questions, you'd be better off contacting Android OS Support, or try an Android user to user forum, such as XDA Developers forum. There at least, someone may either know the answer or perhaps provide links to further investigate.

Also, have you searched this forum, the web or YouTube yet? Just saying, your question is probably in the wrong forum as it doesn't have anything to do with the device vs. with Android OS.

PercyVeer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,011
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply, I will try elsewhere.Thanks again for the feedback
HenryZ
802.11n
Views: 1,004
Message 4 of 6

AFAIK it's a security measure. It's in place because malware sometimes used to request permissions and cloaked the request to the user by drawing a screen overlay on top that changed the text of the real permissions dialog to something unsuspicious so the user wasn't aware that he is giving the permission.

So it's not a bug and you probably can't disable it either.
PercyVeer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 999
Message 5 of 6

Thanks HenryZ for the information
Highlighted
Collinh
What's DOS?
Views: 505
Message 6 of 6

I'm not sure this is an Android error. I have a number of tablets and a few are still on 6.0.1. Only the Lenovo YT3 has this problem. It appears that this machine hasn't been updated since April 2017 and is still the most recent. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors