Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mediagator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 591
Message 1 of 2

Solution to Lenovo A7 10F WiFi Issue

Like many users, I see WiFi drops whenever the device enters sleep state. Without finding a fix, I rolled back to KitKat one year ago. I tried upgrading to Lollipop again, to check Lenovo has fixed the issue but hasn't. I scoured the web and noticed a post on Amazon, telling to reset before and after lollipop upgrade, which I tried. Now the wifi never gets lost.

The screen does not wake up, like KitKat when there is a notification though. I installed Glimpse app to do it.

TL/DR: Factory reset before and after lollipop upgrade, to permanently fix wifi issue.

Destructor
Token Ring
Views: 546
Message 2 of 2

Re: Solution to Lenovo A7 10F WiFi Issue

I've never had to do a factory reset on any device after an update but then, I make sure the device is prepped and ready first..

Before doing an update, do the following:

1. Go to Settings / Storage.

2. Check you have enough free space for the update download and then allow a bit more. I normally make sure I have anywhere from 10-50% of the download size free as well.

3. Click on "cached data" and clear it.

4. Download update, install it, wait however long for device to reboot & then for it to do its optimizing,  etc. This is normally the time to go watch a film, ponder the meaning of life, sleep, etc.

I've had 100% success with this and I don't seem to suffer with all these weird and wonderful issues others seem to get.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors