03-18-2018 06:50 AM
My son wanted a pin number for his tablet like his older brother has on hi, but now he can't remember it! How can I unlock and fix this? My daughter had done same thing but I managed to online chat to fix this but now I can't find online chat anymore. Help!
03-20-2018 04:26 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
If you`ve forgotten the password to the unit, you would have to reset it, this would erase all settings and data, and would allow you to setup the unit anew.
Please follow the instructions below in order to perform a factory reset.
Note: Some setting may vary depending on the age of the tablet.
1. Press and hold the power button and the plus volume.
2. You will need to continue holding this until you feel a vibration.
3. Once this happens release the power button but carry on holding the plus volume key.
4. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
5. Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it.
6. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press Power to select it.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
01-05-2019 12:13 AM - edited 01-05-2019 12:15 AM
Try follow this link, it might apply to you tablet.
01-05-2019 04:37 PM - edited 01-05-2019 04:40 PM
You might try this using Google's Find My Device, from your PC or another device browser, assuming you know the Google Account name and password to log-in:
If it works, a lot easier than a factory reset wiping out all the configuration of the tablet. Note that if you don't know the Google Account for your son's tablet, you'll have a lot of trouble restartig from a hard factory reset - since a security feature of Android is to deny access to thieves.