Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mliisza
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,602
Message 1 of 10

Storage location not reachable

I recently did a factory reset on my tab 2 a10-70f and now I can't download images from Google chrome. Every time I try it says ''download failed because storage location is unreachable." When I open my downloads folder it just says no items. I tried going to storage & USB in the settings, but if I tap internal storage it only has apps and cached data in the list. I know it used to have more than those two in that list, with the last thing being explore. I also tried deleting and reinstalling Google chrome. Can anybody help me?

Guru
Views: 10,565
Message 2 of 10

Re: Storage location not reachable

What do you mean you can't download images from Google Chrome? Please explain EXACTLY what you are talking about & your method.  Eg: While you are browsing a web page you cannot save an image on the web page?

When you reset your device, you may / probably have also reset many settings that were previously set up for apps. You may need to go into settings for various apps & reconfigure various settings, such as storage / dowload folders for that app. These specific or custom app settings are not carried over during a reset.

Have you tried to contact support for Google Chrome?  Perhaps they changed or removed that function that you were using in a newer version? Do you know what version you were using with success?  Have you tried a web search for Chrome user groups to ask the questions there?  THAT would be MUCH faster & more effective than asking a Google Chrome question at a Lenovo forum. Have you gone into Google Chrome settings & or app permissions & reset the storage location? You can do a web search on how to do that much faster than me typing it out for you.

Also, try installing & using a 3rd party File Manager, like Astro File Manager, OI File Manager or others (NOT ES File Manager).

Do you have an SD card installed?  If Yes, how is / was the SD card formatted, as Portable or Adoptable Storage? If your device was set up with an SD card formatted as Adoptable Storage, then you probably have lost the files as with Adoptable Storage formatting.

Also, there is not likely anything wrong with  your device, but rather something that you have done that is not jiving with how the Android OS is set up or working. You could also try Google searches about Android storage or File Management & you could search this forum as those topics have been discussed before & there are links in these discussions for more information.

Mliisza
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,497
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for replying, my apologies that I was unclear in my original post.

When I tap and hold an image/wallpaper to save it (in chrome) it says “download failed bacause storage location is unreachable”. The reason I didn’t contact support for google chrome is because I figured this is an internal storage problem with the tablet itself and not an issue with chrome. I already checked every setting I could find, in both the app and general setting, and turned it off and on but nothing changed. Also I couldn’t find anything on the settings for storage location in both the app itself and on the tablet.

What I noticed while looking through the general settings on the tablet was that when I go to storage & USB —>  Internal storage, is that the only two things I see is Apps and Cached data. Where before the factory reset there were more on that list including Explore, which is where my downloads folder used to be. Could it be that I can’t save images in chrome because I don’t have access to the folders in internal storage? How can I fix it?

I do have an SD card installed as external storage but the one I’m using now is a new one I’ve been using since after the reset. The one I was using before the reset was corrupted. 

I’m currently googling and searching for more answers, as I have been for the last few days, but I’m a noob with these kind of things so I figured I would just ask..

Edit: After installing a file manager like you suggested and searching through google I figured out that it’s an internal memory problem. My internal storage has no folders/files. Other forums suggested a factory reset, but isn’t that exactly how this happened? What now?

Mliisza
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,530
Message 4 of 10

After installing a 3rd party file manager like you suggested I figured out that my internal storage was the problem and managed to fix it. Thanks!

Kaicillo
Paper Tape
Views: 9,987
Message 5 of 10

How exactly did you fix it? I have the same issue in my yt3-x50f, I haven't been able to download anything since the start of the month.

Now I can't even install new apps. I have downloaded vothfile managers but I don't know what to do next.

Kaicillo
Paper Tape
Views: 9,986
Message 6 of 10

Help!!
Guru
Views: 9,979
Message 7 of 10

Why not start by answering some of the questions that were asked of the OP. Your "situation" is so vauge, how is anyone supposed to guess at your problem? If you do at least a Google search, you will find many many links about Android Storage, Android SD Card set up, & so on. Your situation is most likely not knowing how to use Android OS & apps, or with setting up your SD card.  Learning how to use Android OS & your device is up to the user & there are many many tutorials online & or search YouTube for video tutorials.  You can also search this forum for past threads on Android & SD Card storage.

But explain your situation as completely as you can. What is going on. What file manager apps have you installed & tried to use? Have you looked at the Help menu in any of the file manager apps?  Have you tried to Google about how to use the default Android file manager? Have you tried to Google / Search anything????

Kaicillo
Paper Tape
Views: 9,292
Message 8 of 10

Hello, thank you for your answer. I was out of town so it took me a while to get back to this issue.

It looks like, since the last update, i cannot write on the memory of the tablet (YT3-X50F).

I first realize that when i tried to save a pic using chrome, but later I realize that it was a general issue (My son uses the app Markers to draw, but he cannot save the drawings).

Right now, the SD card is formatted as adoptable.

Also, i cannot delete the files that i downloaded earlier. Either using the default file manager (when i touch the explore tab under Storage/SD Card) or a third party explorer (IO File Manager or ASTRO File Manager)

I looked everywhere for options related to securing the storage without success. I tried to reset the permissions to chrome and the other apps but that didn't work.

I'm trying to find any solution before doing a factory reset.

Sorry if this message is not that clear, english is not my primary lenguage.

IMG_20180806_213131.jpgTrying to screenshotIMG_20180806_213209.jpgTrying to download a pic using ChromeIMG_20180806_213248.jpgTrying to download an AppIMG_20180806_213336.jpgDevice InformationIMG_20180806_213348.jpgStorageIMG_20180806_213359.jpgSD CardIMG_20180806_213431.jpgTrying to delete a fileIMG_20180806_213738.jpgTrying to delete a file using IO File ManagerIMG_20180806_213814.jpgThe resultIMG_20180806_213838.jpgTrying to make a dir

Kaicillo
Paper Tape
Views: 5,604
Message 9 of 10

I feel that I lost that battle, I did a factory reset but the issues continued. The good thing is that randomly works, so if I need to install some app, I reboot the tablet until it works.

Cylentic
What's DOS?
Views: 966
Message 10 of 10

2 ways I know. (sry I maybe late)

Try these methods:

1. Reboot your device

2. download ASTRO file manager and check internal storage files. (don't download ES)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors