Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevesmiff
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 1 of 4

Tab 4 8 - Kids Mode - Apps Disappearing

So my daughter has a Tab 4 8 which has a handful of apps that are completely disappearing from her Kids profile. I've had it before where the app disappears from her home screen after an update and I have to go into the parent section and re-enable the app by changing the cross to a tick (which is a pain but at least I know) BUT the problem has now gone to another level.

In the last couple of weeks apps have been disappearing from the home screen and also disappearing from the list of apps in the parent section (like it is not installed). I go into Google Play and it says it is installed and gives me the option to open the app there which does work but I'm then in the parent section so can't leave it with my daughter.

Only other option from Google play store is to uninstall, which I've done and then re-installed and then it pops back up on my Kids home screen... problem solved... for a couple of days until it happens again. Done this 4 times in the last 2 weeks now. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 60
Message 2 of 4

Re: Tab 4 8 - Kids Mode - Apps Disappearing

Hello stevesmiff!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums.

Are you using SD card? Is it formatted as internal or external memory?

It's possible reason why some apps on your home screen disappear after a reboot as the apps are installed on your sd card. Try to select an app which you believe not installed on your sd card and see if that would be disappear.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

stevesmiff
Paper Tape
Views: 53
Message 3 of 4

Not using an SD card. I have since had an OTA firmware update and problem has not occurred in last 2 weeks so possibly been fixed. I'll post back if any more problems.

I would however like to know if there is anyway to stop the app from needing re-approval in the parent zone after an auto-update? I've turned off auto-updates as a temp measure but not ideal.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 44
Message 4 of 4

Hello stevesmiff. We do apologize for the delayed response. You can try this step on the link provided: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Android-based-Tablets-and/Lenovo-Tab-4-How-Do-You-Allow-Apps-in-...

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors