Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angel76ph
SCSI Port
Views: 4,517
Message 1 of 9

Tab 4 8 Plus updates

Hi. I'm planning on buying the Tab 4 8 Plus tablet but have been comparing it to others such as the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 and the Huawei Media Pad M3 Lite.

Let's be realistic. Lenovo has been know to be extremely slow with updates be it with their phones and tablets including their Motorola sub-brand. And in 2018 this is simply not good enough. And we are fed up. 

As someone who plans to purchase one and to the many countless users out there I would like to know whether Lenovo has decied on the Oreo 8.0/8.1 or 9 Pie update for our tablet...Yes or No?

If Yes. then is there an estimated timeframe on the release date?

If No then why not? And will the company continue to release (supposed) quarterly security updates and various "bug fixes, various maintenance and performance enhancements"?

Will appreciate all advice & comments.

Thank you. 

Guru
Views: 4,495
Message 2 of 9

Re: Tab 4 8 Plus updates

Yes, Lenovo will be updating the Tab 4 8 Plus to Android 8.1. There's no exact date as of yet, but it's in progress and should be out by end of this year. Here's Lenovo's upgrade matrix: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501098. 

I don't speak for Lenovo, but I don't expect an update to Android 9 because Lenovo typically provides one generation of software updates to their tablets. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

HenryZ
802.11n
Views: 4,479
Message 3 of 9

To the owners of a US 8 Plus model: I wouldn't get my hopes up for an update as the US variant isn't listed on the update page. Only the international versions (those ending with F and X) are.
angel76ph
SCSI Port
Views: 4,474
Message 4 of 9

If we consider a November-December timeline for Oreo 8.0 or 8.1 that is still over a year late (if we are talking about when Oreo was actually released for Google Pixel and other Android One devices) and slow if not as slow as Huawei and much slower than Xiaomi. 

derekmski
Serial Port
Views: 3,873
Message 5 of 9

When will the US Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus (TB-8704V) get the Oreo update? Mine has yet to receive the option at all.

alul
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,423
Message 6 of 9

any updates? mine still on 7.1.1 android!
PandorNL
What's DOS?
Views: 2,358
Message 7 of 9

Yes, end of 2018, There was an update to 8.1.  Check the site or your Update settings.

alul
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,086
Message 8 of 9

@PandorNL wrote:

Yes, end of 2018, There was an update to 8.1.  Check the site or your Update settings.

I guess it is a location based update. In the US, I haven't seen any updates, and thanks to Lenovo, nobody is even asnwering if there will EVER be an update here or not.

angel76ph
SCSI Port
Views: 1,743
Message 9 of 9

I still think updates can be made more of a priority by Lenovo-Moto.

The tablet itself has good specs going for it. 

The comoany itself need to be more proactive. 

If Oneplus, Samsung & Sony can do monthly updates so can anyone out there especially with a big compoany such as Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors