Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 2,297
Message 11 of 55

Re: Tab4 8 Problems with 8.1 Oreo update

You have to enter the password, did you do that? 

Jetlink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,292
Message 12 of 55

I did.  Is this the correct one?

lenovo-forums.ru

Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 2,287
Message 13 of 55

Yes that is the correct password. .. I just took all the screenshots, I'll be writing up instructions now. 

You can make a folder on your desktop. Name it lenovo. One word. Then unzip the firmware folder to the lenovo folder. Or the desktop. 

Download the miflash tool at the link I shared. 2016 version. Install it. It's simple to install. It's a tool specific to flash qualcomm devices, it does load drivers. 

Then wait for my tutorial. 

Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 2,283
Message 14 of 55

power the tablet off. connect the data cable to the tablet.  Dont connect to the PC.

open MiFlash. 

Choose the flash all option at the bottom of the window - this wipes the internal storage, data, cache, dalvik cache. this option will give the cleanest flash.  

Click on Browse and scroll to the folder where the unzipped firmware package is and choose Images. then Click OK.

flashing2.jpg

now you will see the firmware loaded into the top of miflash.

with the tablet off, press just the volume up button and connect the data cord to the pc USB port.  The screen will remain black but a red light will start blinking. 

flashing4.jpg

In MiFlash presh the refresh button.  This will connect the tablet to miflash and you should now see the tablet shown as COM8 or COM9. ( other numbers may be possible.  I've only seen 8 & 9.)

flashing5.jpg

Now you can click on Flash and you'll see the tool flashing.  It only takes a few minutes.  

flashing7.jpg

When its completed, disconnect the tablet from the PC.  Hold the power button until it vibrates. (30 seconds or so ) 

flashing8.jpg

Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 2,277
Message 15 of 55

Sorry it took so long.  It's the first time I uploaded so many photos here.  A little bit of a learning curve for me, lol.  But I got it done.  Good luck.  

Jetlink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,273
Message 16 of 55

This is great.  Thank you for doing all of this.  I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully others will benefit from it.

Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 2,269
Message 17 of 55

Ok  glad to help. Good luck  

Jetlink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,256
Message 18 of 55

So far so good, I owe you a big one. It booted up and automatically started downloading update S000061 which I think is the last one before Oreo 8.1.

IMG_2722 (Large).JPG

Personally I would like to be able to go back to S000054 which I believe is one prior to S000061 because I’ve had a few minor issues with S000061 but it’s better than Oreo. 

Any idea how I could go back to S000054?

Thanks again for all your help. It’s installing S000061 right now so hopefully it goes smoothly. 

Here’s video of the annoying issue I’m having with S000061. Not sure why it wants to rotate when I tap the square. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZRFZEgE1w&feature=youtu.be

Jetlink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,241
Message 19 of 55

I got it finished.  Thanks to you my tablet is back to its former glory prior to Oreo 8.1.  That update was a mess.

Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 2,209
Message 20 of 55

Awesome. Glad it went smoothly. If I'm understanding correctly, everytime you click the back button the tablet rotates?  Go to settings / display and see if auto rotation is unchecked.  If it's checked, uncheck it, restart the tablet and check it. 

See if that repairs it. If it's unchecked, check it. 

The Oreo update was pulled, "fixed " , and re released.... I used miflash and went back to nougat, as you have done. Then allowed the Oreo update. All the issues I had with the original release are no longer present. Maybe you could try it again also. If problems persist, you can go back again, now you know how to do it. 😊

Also, to answer your question about updating to a specific update... The specific updates are on the Russian site. They have ota ( over the air ) in front of them. I have yet to try flashing one. I don't know how, to be honest. Possibly loading it into miflash, same as the full firmware, then flashing it. But, as I stated, I haven't tried it. You would need to be on the original firmware you flashed with miflash without any updates first. Then flashing the ota, if you're going to try. ALSO, if you try... Don't check the flash all box at the bottom. You should be able to flash the ota update without wiping everything and loosing your data, choose the option farthest to the right. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors