Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ansible212
Punch Card
Views: 469
Message 21 of 25

Re: Tab4 8 now has Android 8.1

I had this problem when initially attempting to update to 8.1.

The problem was insufficient free storage to download the update. Clearing some space and trying again solved the issue.

Rafaelgf
What's DOS?
Views: 363
Message 22 of 25

@Wssfisio wrote:

After update i got a interf sist stopped each time i connect tablet to charger.Anyone else?

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Rammkopf
What's DOS?
Views: 258
Message 23 of 25

Has anyone been able to deactivate the dynamic brightness they've introduced with the Oreo update? It's horrid! Some darker websites, like that of Netflix, are almost impossible to read, when the predominant color on the screen is black. I've looked through the options, through and through, but there's no way to disable that.

NOTE: This does not refer to the automatic brightness control, that uses the light sensor, but the dynamic brightness adjust that automatically dims your screen when the image is darker and brightens it when there are more whites.

I'd really appreciate some way to turn this off. If they could also bring back the magnetic unlock, that would be great.

Thanks,

Kal

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 224
Message 24 of 25

I don't have any dynamic or adaptive setting but don't see any automatic dimming, the new ultra-dark apps all have readable white fonts.  Googling turns up this, saying Nova Launcher (replacing the default Lenovo launcher) can disable it:

https://mobileinternist.com/disable-adaptive-brightness-android

Default lighting for me is too bright for reading ebooks, I've got the screen brightness set to 15% with a bit of Night Light to tone the whites down.

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
Rammkopf
What's DOS?
Views: 203
Message 25 of 25

Hi buddy.

Yes, I found the same article, as well. Actually, it was stupid of me posting my question here, in the first place. I own the Tab 4 8 Plus, but it was too late when I saw where I had already posted my question. Smiley Happy Anyway, what I found is that the feature is called CABL (Content Adaptive BackLight) and is a driver issued by Qualcomm. So, it seems to be a feature of the SoC itself, rather than a deed of Lenovo. I'm looking into the possibilities of disabling CABL also via ADB. But I will try with NovaLauncher first.

Anyway, my call to Lenovo stays - please, make CABL an option, don't enforce it. It really destroys the experience!

Thanks,

Kal

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors