cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuart18
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 1 of 2

This SD card appears to be slow (tb-8504f)

Hi, I have a TB-8504f tablet upgraded to Oreo 8.1 and I'm trying to use the following sd card as internal storage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XX29S9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which is a Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM)

When formatting as internal I get the message "This SD card appears to be slow" which seems unlikely.

If I take the option to continue anyway eventually the format completes and the storage shows as  internal but is not usable (still get not enough storage if I try to install an app)

The sd card is new - do I have to format or do some kind of special prep? Any other ideas?

thanks in advance

Stuart

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 123
Message 2 of 2

Re: This SD card appears to be slow (tb-8504f)

Hey,

I get this type of issue all the time. Formatting as internal is a total mess in most devices and brands. I had a similar issue with Samsung Evo memory card specifically, shows the same error but hangs halfway when continued. I  swapped to 32gb card and it was fine. It's random, 64Gb has worked for me afterwards but the cause is unknown. You can find similar posts in this forum or you can google it.

Formating as internal is not at all reliable. All your files in the card will be encrypted and they store the key in device memory. If by accident you reset the device without formatting the card as portable, your card will stay encrypted forever and your device will not detect it because the key is lost. So be careful.

Regards,
Amal

If I helped you HIT KUDOS

If I solved Your issue Mark it as Solution                                                                                               

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors