Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyle72
Blue Screen Again
Views: 205
Message 1 of 2

USB C card reader?

Hi I have a Lenovo tablet M10. I am trying to use it with a verbatim USB C card reader/ hub . It doesn’t recognise It. The light comes on the reader when plugged into the tabs USB C port so it’s getting powered.

Can anyone tell me if the tablet should be compatible with USB C readers? and if so what do I do to try and get it to work. Thanks 

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 166
Message 2 of 2

Re: USB C card reader?

Not my tablet, but a quick googling reports the m10 supports "OTG" (on the go) USB connections and has a USB C port. You don't say if you've checked whether OTG is enabled in your Android Settings. Plugging in the USB with media attached should immediately trigger a notification (top status bar) that there is a USB connection.  You might be able to test OTG with some other compatible device like a mouse or thumb drive. 

Also worth mentioning that even if an OTG device is properly enabled, connected and recognized by Android, the crude Lenovo preinstalled file manager and gallery apps may not read or edit it, and you should then look for a full featured third party alternative in the Play Store.

It's unlikely, but there may be a glitch in the USB  Configuration fixable in Android System / "Developer Options" - which have to be specially activated.  It should be set to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and not to Charging only, or other restricted settings.

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors