Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwendoline-King
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 483
Message 1 of 6

Unable to download the new office apps from Microsoft

I have a Tab 3 Essential 7 Lenovo tablet and I trying to download the new office apps from Microsoft.The version I have is 5.0.1. I have been advised to upgrade to a Marshmallow 6.0.Please advise me on what I should need to do?Thank you.

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 466
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to download the new office apps from Microsoft

The Android Upgrade Matrix indicates no update beyond Android 5 Lollipop for your tablet.  I can't help with either looking to force an Android upgrade or trying to install the "new" Microsoft office apps - the key word is "new".

I still have an Android 5 ZTE phone and was able locate, install and open Word documents by downloading the APK for an older version of Microsoft Word.  It installed correctly on my phone, scanned clean by BitDefender, and opens Word documents that are located on my phone.  The APK can be downloaded here - note that APKMirror also provides more recent 2019 versions that require Android 6 or higher - be sure to use an APK listed for Android 4.4+ - like the following:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/microsoft-corporation/word/word-16-0-8201-1015-release/microsoft-word-...

The link is to a standard ARM processor "variant", there are a lot of "variants" listed for different versions, and I notice your tablet has a Mediatek processor - not sure if that will be a problem or not.

You can use the APKMIrror search box to locate similarly older apps for Excel, PowerPoint, whatever you can't get from the Play Store.  If you're unfamiliar with installing APKs, research with Google:  but basically you need a full feature file manager, clicking on the APK in the file manager launches the install process, it should pop up a warning and prompt you to give Android permission to install this way, then will complete the app installation.  APKs will generally not update to current versions from the Play store - you will be stuck with this older Word or other Office app. 

Note that if all you want is to open and view Microsoft Office documents safely without editing them, the online version of Office available in any internet browser works for that - you need a Microsoft Account, but it will open from OneDrive and even from your device hard drive.  You can't edit in the Android browsers as you can with Windows browsers, sadly. 

After hard experience, I would NOT open and edit anything more than a very crude Office document in any third party office software, regardless of claims about "compatibility".  Third party office suites are an easy way to ruin a good MS Office work product.

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
Gwendoline-King
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 399
Message 3 of 6

Re: Unable to download the new office apps from Microsoft

Thank you very much indeed!
Gwendoline-King
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 391
Message 4 of 6

Re: Unable to cast from Lenovo Tab3 Essential 7

I am unable to cast from my Lenovo Tab 3  Essential 7 TABLET  to my Samsung TV it always says waiting for connection devices,please advise me how to fix this issue.I had this problem ever since 2017 when the tablet was bought for me as a present.

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 374
Message 5 of 6

Hi, I think you ought to start a new thread for this problem, rather than add to the "solved" Office issue.  Then ought to provide more information about which kind of casting you've tried and what problem, e.g. if Chromecast, does the TV show the Google photo slide show when set to HDMI?

https://support.google.com/chromecast/?hl=en#topic=3447927

Personally, I've had no problem Chromecasting via the original Chromecast TV HDMI dongle at 720p resolution, with strong home wifi.  I've deleted the Google Home app, as useless to me, and just trigger the "Cast" screen icon that appears in several apps or in a Chrome browser when it's a compatible website.   

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
Gwendoline-King
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 316
Message 6 of 6

Problem now solved I can now cast and also I can screen mirror from Lenovo Tab3 Essential 7 ,thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors