Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moe-R
Paper Tape
Views: 1,182
Message 1 of 6

Unable to sign in after hard reset Lenovo Tablet tb-x103f

Hello.

I forgot my homepage passcode and needed to remove child protection to install apps on my kid's profile.

So I hard reset (factory reset) my tablet, however when I log back in the google sign in gives the message "unable to sign in due to recent password change, please wait 24 hours". I've waited 24, 48, 72, 96 hours, reset the tablet again, tried again and again and it hasn't been working.

I've seen some solutions online using the chrome setting by long pressing @ or assit but both key are not directing to the settings page.

All out of solutions at the moment. Went to the Lenovo certified service center (product still has 1.5 years of warranty) and they said they won't fix it and it would cost a new motherboard which is not covered by warranty and would cost 80% of a new tablet!

Anyone have a solution for this? Or do I need to bypass it using some software? Any way to do that?

Thanks.

Edwin_66
Fanfold Paper
Views: 204
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to sign in after hard reset Lenovo Tablet tb-x103f

I find it hard to believe that no one has come to a solution for this. 

Pressing 'assist' button doesn't work, and longpressing the '@' just removes the keybord.

Edwin_66
Fanfold Paper
Views: 177
Message 3 of 6

After waiting another 24 hours without the tablet being on, I still can't login to this.  I hope that someone somehow will find a solution for this, because now the tablet is just a brick on the wall Smiley Sad

Highlighted
I2k4
802.11n
Views: 169
Message 4 of 6

No personal experience, but searching here I found one case where waiting actually worked for that user.  Google also turns up this to recover the Google account - not clear if you've tried it:

https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLog... 

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
Edwin_66
Fanfold Paper
Views: 132
Message 5 of 6

Tried your solution several times. No avail. Have been waiting for some long time before posting

Nothing seems to help. 

Sometimes I get this for hours at a time, and have to wait till the battery is drained before I can do anything else. For now I've replaced this tablet for a 2012(!) Nexus tablet that still works. 

Edwin_66
Fanfold Paper
Views: 75
Message 6 of 6

Still not working Smiley Sad 

At the moment I will NOT recommend my friends to buy Lenovo due to lack of support on the tablets they sell.  When it worked it was a great piece of hardware, not now anymore. 

btw. the 'recent' password change was over 2 weeks ago!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors