Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgaldon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 897
Message 51 of 67

Re: WI-FI connection is not stable with Tab 4 10 plus

Hi, you can start searching the right iPad, I can assure you they aren't going to fix the problem soon.

Regards.
DodgeDeBoulet
Punch Card
Views: 874
Message 52 of 67

Sadly, I'm going to have to walk back my apparent success with a router firmware upgrade. It worked flawlessly for two weeks, then would have random incidents where the tablet would show connected but would not be able to access the internet. Switching to the 2.4GHz band restored access, so it's obvious that the router was not the primary culprit.

Oddly, when I first received the tablet the issues with 5GHz were constant ... it was simply impossible to use for even a minute or two on that band. With the router firmware upgrade in place, the problem effectively vanished for at least a full two weeks. It's hard to believe that was just coincidental ...

Oh well. Back to 2.4GHz and continuing to hope that Lenovo solves this.

Kurt17
Fanfold Paper
Views: 863
Message 53 of 67

And you think that Lenovo corrects this mistake?
The mistake has been here for 8 months now I doubt that Lenovo is doing anything right. They piss on their customers I and my acquaintance and circle of contacts do not buy Lenovo anymore

jgaldon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 858
Message 54 of 67

@Kurt17 wrote:

The mistake has been here for 8 months now I doubt that Lenovo is doing anything right. They piss on their customers I and my acquaintance and circle of contacts do not buy Lenovo anymore

Same as me. If someone asks for a tablet I don't talk about Lenovo.

brianrdraper
Paper Tape
Views: 851
Message 55 of 67

I had an online chat with support this morning and they've recommended 2 things to try. First "Static discharge" - turn power off then hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then try a normal start. If that doesnt work then do a factory reset and start again. If that doesn't work then they mention an in warranty repair. Not sure about the first option. Can't find anything on line to explain it.

DodgeDeBoulet
Punch Card
Views: 844
Message 56 of 67

@Kurt17 wrote:

Lots of people hope for things that will never happen. But we can still hope Smiley Happy

I've owned nothing but Lenovo T-series Thinkpads since they acquired the laptop line from IBM. My experience has been exceptional from a support standpoint up until I acquired this tablet. I bought it primarily for its LTE capability, so 5GHz wifi support is a plus but not an absolute requirement. It's otherwise been a stellar replacement for an aging iPad Air, so no ... I'm not writing off Lenovo just yet.

Kurt17
Fanfold Paper
Views: 833
Message 57 of 67

What you've told them also said 3 months ago AND it does not help, and to restore it helps, but you just do not have to reinstate their skinny updates. Because otherwise it will go wrong again.

brianrdraper
Paper Tape
Views: 391
Message 58 of 67

Further to my dealings with Lenovo. They suggested it might be a hardware fault with the router so they took it back ( to Germany) to repair. It came back 10 days later and for the last 2 days appears to be working.

However they'd just reset it to an old version of the software, TB-X704F_S000037_170703_ROW. Its now wanting to upgrade to S000047.

Dont know whether to risk it.

Also discovered cant reload the Facebook app. It installs but then when I try to run it, it just comes up with a white screen with the Facebook symbol. Tried several times.

proxymus-o
Fanfold Paper
Views: 355
Message 59 of 67

I would install the update and contact support as soon as the problem recurs. If it does recur, it would be proven to be a driver or software issue.

brianrdraper
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 60 of 67

Seems like a good idea.  I've emailed their support and asked them to advise but heard nothing yet.  If I don't get a reply I'll do as you suggest.  So far, since I got it back on Monday it's been behaving itself. If it starts losing the internet connection again I have a long email trail to prove its duff which I could use to return it to Curry's where it came from in May. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors