cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leo125
Serial Port
Views: 305
Message 1 of 4

Warranty repair for Lenovo TAB4 8 - where to bring or send it?

Maybe my question is too naive but anyway. In October 2018 I bought Lenovo TAB4 8 (model TB-8504F) at Amazon US for about $115. Afew weeks ago the screen became frustrated, there are bright and dark lines on it, factory restore does not help. Absolutely no physical damage. The item is under warranty, Lenovo recognizes its serial number and says I have warranty till October 2019.

Using lenovo.secure.force.com/bplocator I found the nearest authorized Lenovo service dealers. There is actually one:

microcenter.com,   since the rest are dealing only with corporate clients and/or not with mobile devices. But yesterday when I brought the tablet to microcenter they told me that they are not repairing tablets themselves and have to sent it to Lenovo. Only for sending they would like to charge me for $40 since shipping is not covered by the warranty.

My questions are:

1. Is it normal to charge a client $40 for shipping a small device covered by warraty whose total price (new) is $115?

2. Do I have any other options to repare/replace my tablet? Can I ship it myself somewhere? What is the address for self-shipment? I cannot locate it at lenovo.com

I2k4
802.11n
Views: 273
Message 2 of 4

Re: Warranty repair for Lenovo TAB4 8 - where to bring or send it?

No experience, but if you register here

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en

and check the upper right corner "My Account", there is a "My Warranty" section - I'm guessing there will be a live contact of some sort available.

Lenovo Tab4 8 - TB-8504F (ZA2B0009US) - Oreo 8.1
leo125
Serial Port
Views: 238
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. I was there already, of course. There are three options:

1. Find a service provider. This sends me exclusively to microcenter.com, who offers me to send my tablet to Lenovo for 40 dollars (only for their postal service).

2. Chat with a support agent. Trying this I get an automatic answer that the chat service is unavailable for my product.

3. Give me a call. I am requesting to give me a call for the fourth time. Hopefully somebody at Lenovo will wake up...

PQ2019
What's DOS?
Views: 16
Message 4 of 4

I have the same problem with my Lenovo TAB4 10 touch screen. I wonder how I can have the warranty repair for it. I am in Canada.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors