Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_MI
Punch Card
Views: 968
Message 51 of 125

Re: WiFi issue with Tab 4 8 Plus - Possible Solution

Well it died again.... Connected to 5Ghz eventually. Don't think you can manually select channels on Google WiFi. If its any consolation, the latest iOS causes my iPad mini to drop wireless randomly, although not nearly as bad. Same fix, turn WiFi on & off. 

Tom_MI
Punch Card
Views: 934
Message 52 of 125

Re: WiFi issue with Tab 4 8 Plus - Possible Solution

Was just clicking available network. Moot point anyway, as didn't last. Eventually connected to 5Ghz and dropped.
ScottyBoyUK
Paper Tape
Views: 929
Message 53 of 125

Re: WiFi issue with Tab 4 8 Plus

I took my tab back to the store as Lenovo had NO attention in fixing this problem.(after sending so many emails and messages!) so glad i took it back! and replaced it with another brand. haven't looked back since.

BYE lenova! would NEVER buy another product from you again!!

chr0mium
Fanfold Paper
Views: 915
Message 54 of 125

Spoke to soon, mine just died again Smiley Sad

Clearly an issue with the 5 Ghz wifi on this tablet, I have no issues whatsoever with numerous other 5 Ghz devices

Sikdirlenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 910
Message 55 of 125

Will do the same. F*** lenovo, after my vacation i will bring it back to the store. 

I will NEVERRR buy something from them again dont even for free! had even the same problems years ago with a lenvo netbook!!! I know they dont give a F*** because we are just a small number of buyers of this tablet. i wish you all the bad things lenovo i hope you are happy. Bye

PS: Guys who are reading this, just buy the huawei m5 8.4, this tab looks good

Tom_MI
Punch Card
Views: 895
Message 56 of 125

I bought my plus on eBay for a very good price. Now I see why LOL.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, this issue is not present on the Tab 4 8 that I bought from Micro Center. That doesn't do AC wireless though, and the resolution doesn't compare. The plus is way nicer, except for the WiFi issue .

Since I have Google WiFi... My solution for now was to re-deploy my Airport Express in Bridge Mode running hard wired off GWF, and created a separate 2.4 GHz only network.

That'll get me by, till a fix is in place. I really only wanted this tablet as a backup for Google WiFi configuration, as the iOS app is not as reliable. But it's hard to believe Lenovo hasn't found a fix for this with all the notes on the forum .

pkderm
Paper Tape
Views: 869
Message 57 of 125

At this point, they obviously don't care.

Mod's Edit: Posting edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Tom_MI
Punch Card
Views: 783
Message 58 of 125

Did some more testing. I was able to get 5Ghz to work so far, by not using AC Mode. I setup an Airport Express in 5g only mode. So far been solid for 10+ minutes. I've run about 10 Speed tests, and they've all worked too, where before on Google WiFi they crap out almost right away. Of course, N has lower max than AC wireless, but getting 90/90 speed tests right now when close to source. 

So seems the problem is not all 5Ghz signals, but the AC band .

chr0mium
Fanfold Paper
Views: 711
Message 59 of 125

What thew hell.

I thought this issue was limited to 5 Ghz, but I just switched to 2.4 Ghz and did a speed test and even that has killed the wifi!

So wifi is completely broken on this tablet? An absolute deal breaker on a tablet, how can they allow this to happen?

Edit: Actually looks like the tab automatically switched back to 5 Ghz before I did the speed test.

2.4 Ghz seems to work, but only getting 1/3 of the speed I get with 5Ghz

Pauluz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 693
Message 60 of 125

Tom_MI Seems to work, I have an Asus Router (AC3200) With 2 * 5GHZ bands, I disabled AC on one of them, and connected the Lenovo to that, No Problems anymore on the 5GHZ band, only slower then AC of course ...but hey, It's LENOVO! what can you expect!
Cheap tablet with cheap achievements!

Here is a speedtest result:

SpeedtestNoNoVo.png

Top Kudoed Authors