Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 1,081
Message 91 of 132

Re: WiFi issue with Tab 4 8 Plus

Oh. The V model.. maybe this is the issue. You haven't received the update.  Hmmm. There are a few other members with the V model in the twrp thread, on xda. There's also a general thread where you could ask if anyone with the v model has/ resolved the issue. It could be helpful to you. 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/thinkpad-tablet/general/lenovo-tab-4-8-plus-aka-tb-8704f-x-t3654605...

dsilinski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 886
Message 92 of 132

I also have the V model and have not received an update in months. It's a ridiculous situation and even if this WiFi bug didn't exist it would still be in a bad place with no security updates and no roadmap to Android 8, let alone 9.

chr0mium
Fanfold Paper
Views: 803
Message 93 of 132

I thought this issue was confined to 5Ghz, but my wifi connection keeps dying on 2.4Ghz as well. I have to turn wifi off and on to fix it.

Same story, wifi says it's connected but it stops sending and receiving data until I cycle wifi off and on. Losing patience. No sign of an update and support are worse than useless

dsilinski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 630
Message 94 of 132

This problem is still out there and it's clear that Lenovo is ignoring their users.

Everyone should review this device on Amazon and let potential buyers know their Wifi won't work properly if they purchase this tablet.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Android-Octa-Core-Snapdragon-ZA2H0000US/dp/B074FZZ4SG

Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 617
Message 95 of 132

That would be an untrue review. I have the device and absolutely no issues with wifi. 

dsilinski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 611
Message 96 of 132

You have the X model, the link I posted is for the V model which has not received any update in months, let alone the one to fix the WiFi problems.

If you don't have the problem, don't review it. But for the 10 pages of people on this thread that do have problems, they should write a review warning potential buyers.

Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 598
Message 97 of 132

I all honesty, if you feel you have bought a device that doesn't work properly, you should file a claim under warranty or request service. That is what I would do.  Lenovo should make it right for you.

https://lenovomobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/warrantylookup

dsilinski
Fanfold Paper
Views: 593
Message 98 of 132

While I certainly intend to, this is a software issue so the best they will give me is a refurbished unit that will have the same problem.

For whatever reason, Lenovo has decided they are no longer supporting the V model of this tablet. It will only be fixed if attention is drawn to it, and negative Amazon reviews will do that. 

Wiznoodle
802.11n
Views: 590
Message 99 of 132

Why would they replace the item? They should service the item by updating or reloading the software..

It doesn't even make sense they would just send you a unit with the same issue. But, if they did, file another claim until they get it right. There isn't a limit on claims while under warranty, is there?  If everyone held them to their warranty I do believe your issue would be resolved. IMO. 

FredSE
Paper Tape
Views: 564
Message 100 of 132

Got the Tab 4 _10_ Plus, TB-X704F, but I guess the situation transfers between tablet sizes.

5GHz WiFi dead on arrival.

Got a DOA number from Lenovo support (very friendly, once I got hold of the right person after being sent around between various countries for a bit) and could get my unit replaced in the store where I bought it rather smoothly... apart from the fact that it was in a different city, of course.

Net result: No change, as expected. 5GHz WiFi is as dead on the new unit as on the old one, both on the 22 Jan and the 7 May software versions. It connects and starts transferring data, but stops communicating within 30 seconds or so with no indication that something is amiss apart from everything stopping.

I'll have to get in touch with customer support again. At least I have different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GHz...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors