Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djmwj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 182,432
Message 1 of 20

device stuck in fastboot mode

in fastboot mode..... but when i send the reboot command, it boots back to fastboot mode.... Any ideas how to get out?

2k7gt
Token Ring
Views: 181,362
Message 2 of 20

Re: device stuck in fastboot mode

You will be stuck in fastboot if you have failed to flash an img file.  You will have to boot a boot.img file using fastboot then download the last update to get your tablet back to normal.

Download the following file onto your computer...

K1_A301_03_03_110829_US.zip

Then unzip on the computer.  You will see a file named "boot.img".  Make sure your tablet is connected to the computer and you have the fastboot binary.  Then run the following command in the directory you just unzipped the file

fastboot boot  boot.img

This will allow you to boot up your tablet but the bootloader will STILL be stuck in fastboot.  Therefore you will have to update your system.  Download the same file above into the Download directory of your tablet.  Rename it to update.zip.  Dowload the following XML file...

K1_A301_03_03_110829_US.xml

and rename it to update.xml (NOTE: the system file manager won't let you change the extension so just rename to "update".  Power off the tablet.  Then hold down the Volume + key and hold down power button until it comes on.  That will boot the system into recovery and install the update.  In a few minutes you will be restored and your tablet will work normally.  NOTE: YOU MAY LOSE YOUR DATA and may have to reinstall your apps.

If your boot partition isn't a mess like mine was, you may be able to just flash the system partition from the above zip file by using...

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot reboot

The key is that a fastboot flash must be successful in order for your device to boot normally.

Good luck.

djmwj
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181,312
Message 3 of 20

thanks! will do

stutech
Paper Tape
Views: 181,270
Message 4 of 20

My k1 is also stuck in fastboot mode. I managed to boot the tablet but after downloading update.zip and restarting it won't take the update. I tried holding volume+ power and it just goes back to the fastboot screen. The tablet will not let me use the fastboot command flash system system.img. After imputing this command into fastboot it displays verify_sha: not mach on the tablet screen. I think the digital signature may be wrong on the rom.

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong! 

skyboy
Paper Tape
Views: 177,846
Message 5 of 20

i've lenovo s860 2GB version......i was trying to downgrade to JB 4.2.2 ....in the way i got stuck in fastboot mode.......is there any way to get out of it?

inderpal
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 176,995
Message 6 of 20

How did you go into fastboot mode? I am not able to figure out. I have Lenovo A1000-T

adb reboot bootloader

adb reboot-bootloader

adb reboot fastboot 

however 

adb reboot recovery opens it in recovery mode.

Niether of them worked. I have installed Lenovo Le Tools also. 

Also tried to open it by pressing  -

Vol down + Power (opens factory mode)

Vol up + Power (opens recovery mode)

Please help!

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 176,952
Message 7 of 20

Mediatek devices don't typically have fastboot mode, they have preloader mode.

inderpal
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 176,948
Message 8 of 20

Thanks for replying. What is 'Preloader' mode? I am only aware of a 'Recovery Mode' and 'Factory Mode'. I am trying to flash ubuntu mobile on my Lenovo A1000. Can you please suggest me how to do it, if it doesn't have "Fastboot Mode"?

Guru
Views: 176,883
Message 9 of 20

Preloader mode lets you flash the device using Mediatek's SP Flash Tool.  I don't have an A1000, but I seriously doubt anyone has gotten Ubuntu working on it.

inderpal
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 176,860
Message 10 of 20

Yes i know that. But its worth trying. I am going to install ubuntu mobile which is ubuntu's version for touch devices. They must have twaeked firmware according to these android devices. But i have one more thing to ask - They want bootloader to be unlocked and then give a command to flash it there. But i am not sure about how do go about it if i am gonna install in preloader mode using SP flash tool? Here is the installation link for ubuntu mobile

http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/installing-ubuntu-for-devices/

Is there any alternative (like commandline) of SP tools for linux operation system if i am not having windows system?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors