Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnotyoung
Paper Tape
Views: 2,398
Message 41 of 68

Re: ideatab A2109 doesn't turn on

When my 2109 did that (no response) I left it alone for a couple of days (no button pushes, not even a screen tap).  The next time I tried to power it on, it worked.

I suspect a problem in the firmware (not that Lenovo is likely to admit that).  Perhaps something that gets in in such a tight loop that it doesn't recognize any input (such as the power off sequence).  A problem like that might wind down over an extended period of time (days) such that it finally shuts itself off.  If the display is off, the processor can run a long time without draining the battery.  

No way to tell, just my extrapolation from symptoms and many years of working with computers from 8 bit microprocessors to large multi-user UNIX machines..

elbrujo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,358
Message 42 of 68

Hello everybody, 

I have the same problem with a four-month old S6000H.

I tried every tricks you listed so far, but to no avail. When I push the start button the display lits up but the booting procedure does not take place. I tried all the push-buttons combination I found here but with no result whatsoever.

I'm sure the tablet is fully charged and I used the combination charger-cord I was supplied with Can you please help me ? Thanks a lot.

piinkorchid
What's DOS?
Views: 2,254
Message 43 of 68

Same problem as described by everyone here...identical to what Starria mentioned.

We have had the tablet for right over 1 year.  It's been completely fine until a few days ago.  Charged, but does not come on.  When you push power it just vibrates, flashes white then black & nothing. I've tried the power/volume button reset trick...nothing.  I've tried plugging in into my computer with USB...nothing.  Is my tablet all of a sudden damaged or dead or is there a catch somewhere that something has stopped working?  Any fix to this?

ownjoouk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,218
Message 44 of 68

Exactly the same as above. If I try to power on it vibrates, flashes and does nothing. Had it for about 16 months I think.

What a nightmare!!!
elbrujo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,167
Message 45 of 68

Hi.

In the end I had to ship it to Medion AG (Germany) for repairing.

Got it back this morning (it took two weeks!!) and it looks fine.

They replaced the mainboard card, so I lost all of my installed programs.

Will let you know if more news pop up.

Cheers.

From_Ariel
What's DOS?
Views: 2,152
Message 46 of 68

I am having the same issue just tonight. I have had my A2109 for only 1 week and bought it refurbished from Newegg.

It worked perfectly but now gives no indication that it is charging nor will it turn on.

gregmeyer
Paper Tape
Views: 2,122
Message 47 of 68

Thank you so much for the clear instructions rhodopsin and mcI630!  This fixed my problem.

asif1983
Paper Tape
Views: 1,925
Message 48 of 68

i think lenovo comunity hopeless people less service i hate lenovo better choose another prodect

asif1983
Paper Tape
Views: 1,924
Message 49 of 68

I bougth a Ideatab a2109, now 11/2 month later my tablet is dead,  it does not charging nor start up, there is way to do hardware reset.  I saw a few video to soft resetI bought a Ideatab a2109, now 11/2 month later my tablet is dead,  it does not charging nor start it up, ¿Is there any way to do hard reset?  I saw a few videos how to do  to soft reset but the tablet needs to be running.  but need the tablet to be running. 

i think i never ever seen service like vast .i both this tab 350 doller ...its vaste of money vaste of time

nascar64
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,886
Message 50 of 68

HI I have same prblem here my Idea Tab A2109A won't boot any more happen 2 days  ago ,press the power button it vibrate and a very quick flash of the screen then that's it nothing ,can not  tell if it is charge or not nothing happen when i try to charge it no screen norhing  even try a news charger to make sure it's npt the charger ,try the trick of pressing the volume and power button at same time nothing happen,so i find out that this Tablet has a battery could it be the battery and if is the battery where do you buy it from ,could not find nothing on google for that tablet but got this that tell me it does has a battery http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideatab_a2109a-f_hmm_20120628.pdf  so who do i contact for a fix this Tablet , stock not rooted or any thing and ran fine till 2 days ago Ray

Top Kudoed Authors