Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piinkorchid
What's DOS?
Views: 1,941
Message 51 of 68

Re: ideatab A2109 doesn't turn on

I contacted Lenovo on the phone. I am not under warranty anymore & was told that my battery is probably dead. It would cost me shipping to ship the tablet to them plus $80 just for them to check to see what is wrong with it. It's not worth $80 to me so we're calling it a loss after a year & going to purchase another brand.

There is an obvious repetitive issue with this tablet that they need to correct.

nascar64
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,914
Message 52 of 68

I think we all should post all over the internet forum how bad this tablet is and  that it does not last longer then a yyrs or so ,i mean it;s pretty bad for this kind of money for just  like over a 1 yrs in my case or have Lenovo Adnowledge the problem and fix it and you lknow likw all big company it won't be done so good buy Lenovo for good and fill so bad that i bought one for my daugter too hope hers last a bit longerknow very sorry thatt i bought this will look for A Google nexus now hope fullu better the this for Service and reliability see you guys good luck to all>Ray

Guru
Views: 1,903
Message 53 of 68

I bought mine in August 2012... it's still going strong.

I probably just jinxed myself.  Smiley Wink

nascar64
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,829
Message 54 of 68

well i found that the battery on mind is completly dead and it won;t recharge so bought a new battery from ebay and it work the unit power's on  and boot normal back to screen and so on but it won't charge from usb or charger so it seem like  a inside problem with it's charging unit from the mini usb so can a lenovo representif help us is this A2109A unit shot at this point because of this peculiar problem of not charging ,can it be fixe or i am wasting money to fix it can  the usb unit that charge this unit be fix from inside is any one here that can answer that question please need help and Thank you .ray

michael101
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,674
Message 55 of 68

Here is how I fixed mine.  Note that  I did not have charging issues before my A2109 stopped turning on.

1. Remove the SD cover, remove your SD card.  Unscrew the two little screws you see there.

2.  Carefully pry off the back, using a thin screwdriver to slide around the edge of the cover (carefully).

3.  Inside look for the largest ribbon cable.  This cable brings power from  a small button battery or capacitor which among other things keeps the date correct when your tablet is off.  You are going to disconnect this cable for a few minutes which will reset the date, etc.  Remove the cable by carefully using your fingernail to lift up the black"bar" on the connector.  The black bar does not come off - it will swivel up.  When it swivels up the cable will be loose and can be pulled out.

4.  After 3 minutes slide the cable back into the connector and hold it there while you close the "black bar" which will lock in the cable.

5.  Try turning on your tablet.  Hopefully it turns on.  All your apps are fine, but you will need to set your date.

6.  Hope that this is a one time issue that will not constantly re-occur.  Mine has been working fine for one week after this "fix"

Lastly a note on the charging issue.  I have noticed that different chargers other than the OEM will charge the tablet either slowly or not at all.   Also, while your tablet is open, inspect your  MicroSD port  for any visible problems which may affect charging.

Michael101

ENunn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,608
Message 56 of 68

I'm having this problem, I'm trying your method and I don't see a white hole. Where is it?

EDIT... again: Dang it! I was trying to reply to Lenovo31415's post. Sorry about that. Smiley Sad

rhodopsin
Paper Tape
Views: 1,577
Message 57 of 68

This worked for me. I was unable to get to the animated lenovo screen, and had totally given up on this device. Thank you, Michael.

This is the second time my device has bricked, and I don't expect it to be the last. That is unfortunate.
Altazink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,470
Message 58 of 68

Ive had this issue on so many devices with micro usb.

Tip one, never use while charging, that being said, its a tablet and batteries dont last

so many times the micro usb port dies from movement etc prongs, they wear out or break. so you can try and find the fru part (ive been told its 30 bucks for the little board with it on it) and also im cheap.

Micro usb should be used for data transfer, i wish manufacturers would add a second small 2 prong charging port like the old days. the tube shaped connectors, they get real small and work. micro usb just doesnt have the mobility endurance.

So my fix, i removed the micro sd cover and my microsd card,, opened up the back by removing the 2 "+" screws and use a pry tool to pop off the back cover (strt at top and work your way around.

Where you see the micro usb port on the card is a single resistor (brown block) the top side of it.thats your positive solder connection point. you will also see a 2 gold "I" or "C" shapes with 2 silver points in each one, the larger one is your microusb and one of the silver points in it is your negative.

grab any usb cable (you may have spares lying around or can buy for a dollar at a dollar store), and cut off the end you would plug into a device.(not the end that goes into your computer), strip the outer rubber back about an inch and cut off everything but the red and black wire inside. Red is positive. black is negative

get a drill bit just smaller than your cord diameter or the same size and drill a hole in the side cover of the tablet feed wire thu hole and solder to points mentioned....red to top side of resistor (brown block with silver ends) and black to the bottom/lower C shape silver point.

then use a drop of hot glue or 2 part epoxy to secure the cord so it doesnt pull out. and reassemble

You may have a cord comming out of your tablet now (you can make it short and while your at dollar store buy a usb extension cable) but you will have a working tablet that can be charged without worring about a positional microusb plug.

also rembember to point your solder and hot glue gun around and hum the james bond theme... it makes it work better.

Altazink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,463
Message 59 of 68

of forgot to mention, with this you can plug it into one usb port on your computer and if you plug your micro usb into another port of the same computer you may be able to use the data still if the connections for those are still intact (any breaks in the micro usb ports usually happen on the edges which are the ground and the power.

robyn35
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,309
Message 60 of 68

I'm having the same issues with my ideatab a2019a-f. It will not charge or even show a prompt that it's even considering charging. Lots of people have posted about this problem...is anyone getting any help from the company on how to actually fix it or are we all just screwed?
Top Kudoed Authors