02-17-2012 08:39 AM - edited 02-17-2012 08:40 AM
I'm being optimistic. ROW update has the fix and Mr. Hopkins has tweated that the impending US update will have the fix. He claims this will happen next week or the week after. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
What US update?
I don't see it in the OTATEST path on their download site yet.
03-01-2012 11:17 PM
03-02-2012 02:12 PM
You'd think that someone somewhere would be able to fix this problem which would seem pretty simple to solve. One wonders whether the problem is more complex than it seems or nobody gives a darn and prefers to let users find out they don't care until after purchase.
Seriously guys, do the customers have to raise a huge stink to boycott products unless someone can own up to this? I'd like to know who can fix this - it may actually be Skype who control all the cards since they actually write the software which recognizies the device and puts out the image. Just mention that GoogleTalk works perfectly in the Skype forums... But what scares me is that the Skype forum looks like a complete ghost town.
03-02-2012 02:25 PM
You can either continue to scream at the darkness, or you can light a match.
Just use the modified Skype software from XDA. If you search for it you'll find the link on this forum. It may not be based on Skype's latest and greatest, but who cares? It works.
07-09-2012 02:57 PM
I don't know if these are bugs or just system limitations:
1) no usb hosting, even if you find an adaptor that fits.
2) no Bluetooth that works, although 3rd-party bluetooth software does work.
3) no screen capture
07-10-2012 05:31 AM
1. Android Gingerbread doesn't support USB hosting - there are some ROMs that have it added it, but it's not officially a feature.
2. Not sure what you mean - other people report Bluetooth working for them. If you're having problems using Bluetooth, could you start a thread describing your problem please?
3. You need to be rooted to do screen capture, and there are apps on the market that will do this.
07-10-2012 12:33 PM
1: Does that mean that USB hosting will work when ICS comes to the A1?
2: Many posts on this board describe a situation of Bluetooth recognizing a device, but not pairing with it. I have asked if anyone has been able to do it, and every response has been from a K1 owner. Point me to a report of an A1 successfully pairing with a BT device (I can't find any).
3: My last tablet (Archos 70) had a screen capture setting, and it wasn't rooted.