Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Token Ring
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

[K1] 99_99 to next OTA

For those of us who installed that "secret" update that you could get by tapping on the build number, is there a way to get new OTAs? Presumably this doesn't work automatically since a new OTA was released on March 7 and my tablet comes back with "Your system is up to date" when I try to update.

I've also tried manually installing the latest US update. No cigar, I try to reboot into recovery and it just boots normally, then deletes the update.xml and update.zip files.

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: [K1] 99_99 to next OTA

Which OTA update are you trying to get?  As far as I know, other than the "secret" update that some have loaded/tried, the most recent update is 14.  There have been recent posts by individuals having problems with updates, but I believe they are recent purchasers trying to get to 14.

I know some are also getting the update from the Android Market to Google Play.  I haven't gotten that yet, but it's easy enough to just use the browser and go direct - https://play.google.com/store -  and sign in.

Token Ring
0 Kudos

I'd like the latest OTA (14_14) that was released on the 7th.

WWAN
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It looks like the only update on March 7th was the one for the Singapore market, and it looks like you are in the United States.

Token Ring
0 Kudos

So it was! My apologies.

In that case, I want to restore to the one released January 18th -- K1_A301_14_14_120109_US

I understand that 99_99 doesn't check version numbers, so there shouldn't be a problem installing these, correct?

I've renamed the XML and zip files update.xml and update.zip and put them in the download directory. When I boot, though, they just get erased. 

Punch Card
0 Kudos

are you putting it in the Download folder or the Downloads folder - there are two foders with almost the same name
Punch Card
0 Kudos

Im having same problem cant seem to downgrade the os after the mystery ota 99 99
Token Ring
0 Kudos

Download, with no s.

Core Memory
0 Kudos

i had the same problem, i could not use the OTA after 99_99 and the recovery mode did not work. i had to use the timmydean nvflash setup to get back to the original version and update OTA from there.
Token Ring
0 Kudos

Could you please provide details on how you did this?

I was going to do the same but TimmyDean uploaded his files to MultiUpload, which was taken down by the FBI shortly after. I can't find those files elsewhere.