Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoshang
WWAN
Views: 2,207
Message 1 of 6

ACPI Driver missing in Lenovo G50-70

I have Lenovo G50-70 Laptop Running Windows 10 OS. Few Days Back, While doing Clean install with Windows Anniversary Update, I downloaded all Latest Driver from Support.lenovo.com but while checking Today For latest Driver for my system on support.lenovo.com ACPI Driver is missing from Support Site and There is no Lenovo Energy Manager also as it was in Windows 8.1. Can anybody Help me is it necessary to install ACPI Driver if no why Lenovo Removed it?? And where can I get Lenovo Energy Manager so that I can keep system in Conservation Mode as it was in Windows 8.1??
Hoshang
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,172
Message 2 of 6

Re: ACPI Driver missing in Lenovo G50-70

If the ACPI driver is no longer available for download for Windows 10 and it was previously, it was most likely removed.  There had been confusion over whether that file actually updated the driver as there was no on-screen acknowledgement that it had completed the update.  In your situation, go into Windows Device Manager and look under the System Devices heading to see if there are any exclamation marks or unknown devices listed.  If there are none then Windows maybe using a native ACPI driver that is built into Windows 10.

As for Conservation Mode, that option is now included with the Lenovo Settings app.  If you do not have it install then visit the Windows Store and do a search on "Lenovo" to find it.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Hoshang
WWAN
Views: 2,165
Message 3 of 6

So Should I uninstall ACPI Driver of Lenovo as in Device Manager > System Devices > Lenovo ACPI-Compilant Virtual Power Controller is there after Installing ACPI Driver otherwise It don't show anywhere else when I first booted after Installing Windows 10 without installing any Drivers.
Hoshang
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,156
Message 4 of 6

No, don't uninstall it.  Just leave it.  If you didn't download and install a ACPI driver then Windows is using the Lenovo driver that was included with the Windows 10 installation. 

If you are concerned about having the latest version of that ACPI driver then right click on its listing in Windows Device Manager and choose Update Driver from the menu.  On the next screen then choose Search Automatically.  Windows will then search for a newer driver and install it if there is one available. 

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Hoshang
WWAN
Views: 2,149
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for helping.... Thanks a Lot....
Hoshang
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,143
Message 6 of 6

You are very welcome.  I'm glad to have been of assistance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors