Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elmo2
Paper Tape
Views: 394
Message 1 of 3

AMD R5 M230 updated to AMD Radeon HD 8500M - Windows 10 G50-70

after updating my amd R5 M230 radeon setting to 18.10.1 then checked the radeon setting and windows disk mangment they are telling me that i have HD 8500m instead of amd R5 m230 and that makes the games tottaly awful any one got any idea !!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 366
Message 2 of 3

Re: AMD R5 M230 updated to AMD Radeon HD 8500M - Windows 10 G50-70

Hi Elmo2,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Based on this forum thread which is similar to your concern one of our Guru confirmed that this is just a renaming of the graphic adapter and it should not affect the performance of the AMD R5 M230.

May I know what specific games are you having issues with? Have you tried changing the gaming profile in Radeon settings?

Let us know so we can help.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

SeniorGuru
Views: 342
Message 3 of 3

Re: AMD R5 M230 updated to AMD Radeon HD 8500M - Windows 10 G50-70

New drivers can be buggy, if they are causing issues, roll your driver back to a "known good" release and wait for an updated driver that works.... Usually the best bet with AMD graphics drivers regardless IMO.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors